Today’s post features a roundup of my favorite cupcake recipes. There’s an autumn cupcake, a s’mores cupcake & my favorite – lemon curd stuffed cupcakes!
Happy Friday! I’m lucky enough to have a few friends who work at Williams-Sonoma, which was started in San Francisco. When they told me that the founder is turning 100 today, I was shocked! Chuck Williams is a living legend. I’ve never had the chance to meet him myself, but apparently he’s full of energy and still goes to work frequently at the Williams-Sonoma headquarters. He has a ton of stories about the last century of his life and most of the time puts the employees who are 1/4 of his age to shame with his joie de vivre.
Chuck is responsible for many of the kitchen innovations that we now consider mainstream. He is responsible for popularizing everything from Le Creuset to Kitchenaid Mixers to copper cookware! I can’t live without my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and my Kitchenaid Mixer. Copper cookware is definitely a #lifegoal.
So, in honor of this living legend, I’ve put together a few of my favorite cupcake recipes I’ve shared over the years. Happy Birthday Chuck!
1. Lemon Curd Stuffed Cupcakes: Light and moist vanilla cupcakes topped with a light and tart fluffy lemon buttercream frosting. The perfect thing to stuff with silky lemon curd!
2. Autumn Delight Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting: If you’ve never had a sweet potato cupcake before, you need to make these! They are perfect for fall and prove that sweet potato truly is the new pumpkin.
3. Colorful Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes: These are one of the most fun cupcake recipes I’ve ever made. From the outside they look like an innocent vanilla cupcake. Once you take a bite though, there’s a colorful surprise inside! The secret? Cake pops!
4. Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramelized White Chocolate & Dulce De Leche: You haven’t really experienced white chocolate until you caramelize it and turn it into buttercream! Drizzled with homemade dulce de leche it’s absolute perfection!
5. S’mores Cupcakes Stuffed with Chocolate Ganache: These cupcakes are so good I served them at our wedding! The graham cracker cupcakes are delicious and the creamy ganache that you get with every bite is dreamy.
6. Banana Cupcakes with Bourbon Ganache & Bourbon Buttercream: These cupcakes are basically banana bread turned into a cupcake. Topped with a boozy bourbon buttercream and some more bourbon in the ganache they are a decadent treat!
7. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes: The best way to find the best chocolate cupcake recipe? Have a group of 50 food bloggers test multiple batches until one comes out on top! That’s just what happened for these. They are just incredible.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook