Nothing says summer like a peach pie with all butter pie crust. This recipe is for the best pie you’ll ever eat! I dare you to have just one piece.
I’m losing my mind right now. It’s officially peach pie season and I can’t get enough. We buy peaches by the bushel to satisfy my cravings and I will literally sit down and eat four peaches in a row, no problem. I’ve been craving peaches for months, basically since September. I’m over the moon happy with the fact that peaches are everywhere now!
Peach season means I get to start making peach pies again. For a few years, I tried to freeze peaches so that we could enjoy peach pies in the dark winter months, but it just wasn’t the same. So here is my first peach pie of the summer made with love and with thankfulness that I have the next few months to indulge in peach goodness. Hello, old friend.
Read more and get the recipe after the jump…
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).
Nothing says summer like a peach pie with all butter pie crust. This recipe is for the best pie you'll ever eat! I dare you to have just one piece.
1 hrPrep Time
60 minCook Time
2 hrTotal Time
- 6 c. sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Egg wash (1 large egg whisked with 1 teaspoon water and a pinch of salt)
- Demerara sugar, for finishing
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (312g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 pounds (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup ice
- Combine peaches, sugar, flour, and spices in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Roll out one all butter pie crust round (recipe here ) and place it in your pie plate.
- Spread the coated peaches evenly in the pie plate.
- Roll out the second pie crust round and cover your pie dish. Trim the edges to approximately 1 inch and roll the dough up and crimp to seal to form crust edge.
- Coat the pastry dough with egg wash, cut some steam vents using a knife and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425F for 30 minutes, without opening the oven, reduce temperature to 350F and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Full instructions for all butter pie crust
Pie Crust :: Four & Twenty Blackbirds Bakery ; Filling :: My own recipe
Craving Peach Pie? Pin it for later: