Banana splits get a healthy upgrade with cottage cheese. If you’re looking for healthy snacks to make, this recipe only takes 5 minutes!
Banana splits are a true classic. Other than apple pie, can you think of a more American dessert? They are the dessert I remember eating most growing up. They were our favorite impromptu dessert as we often had all the ingredients on hand. Fresh fruit, chocolate and salty chopped nuts – there’s something for everyone.
We all love ice cream for a treat, but when a healthy snack is needed you should try this healthy swap. It still has all the flavors you love, with a fraction of the calories!
For starters, it’s made with a base of nutritious cottage cheese.
Even if it sounds crazy, you have to try it. It’s absolutely delightful.
Turns out, cottage cheese made with Real California Milk turns this classic dessert into a healthy snack. Cottage cheese and all California dairy products are a healthy way to get essential vitamins and minerals, like calcium. It’s also a healthy source of protein that will keep you full and give you energy all day. California is the number one state in the country in milk production. 99% of California dairies are family owned, meaning you’re supporting real people who make real food.
You can find California dairy products all over the country, by using their easy product locator. At the grocery store, look for the Real California Milk seal.
Cottage cheese even holds its shape like ice cream when you use an ice cream scoop.
Why This is the Best Snack Recipe:
- This healthy banana split tastes so much like the real thing!
- It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- Cottage cheese made with Real California Milk is a great source of protein to keep you full all day.
- The combination of salty, chocolate and sweet with the creaminess of cottage cheese is perfection.
Cottage Cheese “Sundaes” – Healthy Snacks to Make
Banana splits get a healthy upgrade with cottage cheese. If you’re looking for healthy snacks to make, this recipe only takes 5 minute to make!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup Real California cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
- Scoop cottage cheese onto bananas. Using an ice cream scoop will make it look more like ice cream. Top with chopped strawberries, nuts and cacao nibs. Finish with a maraschino cherry (optional).
Recipe amounts and ingredients are just suggestions! Other topping ideas include chia seeds, coconut flakes, jam, honey and fresh fruit.
Keywords: Healthy Snacks to Make, Cottage Cheese, Snacks for Kids
Craving this healthy upgraded banana split? Pin this recipe for later:
This post is a partnership with Real California Milk. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that allow me to bring you beautiful content!