Loaded Avocado Toast with Thyme, Tomatoes & Ricotta
Avocado toast gets a hearty upgrade with the addition of thyme, tomatoes and ricotta cheese. It’s easy to make and great for breakfast, or breakfast for dinner, especially when paired with Château de Lascaux Carra AOP Pic Saint-Loup wine from the Languedoc region in southern France.
- Author: Kelly Egan
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Toaster
- Cuisine: American
- 4 oz. fresh Ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 T. fresh thyme leaves, destemmed
- 1/2 T. olive oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Finish with fresh cracked salt and pepper
- 2 slices crusty bread
- Toast bread lightly. To make toast in the oven, move a rack to the top slot in the oven and turn on the broiler. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and broil on one side for 2 minutes, then flip and broil on the other side for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully as the bread will go from lightly toasted to blackened in the blink of an eye!
- Mix ricotta cheese with salt and pepper. Spread on toasted bread.
- Peel avocado and remove pit. Mash with the back of a fork until easily spreadable. Spread on top of ricotta cheese.
- Toss sliced tomatoes, fresh thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon onto avocado toast.
- Enjoy with a glass of Languedoc AOP Pic St-Loup Rouge “Carra”, from Chateau de Lascaux
Keywords: loaded avocado toast recipe, easy loaded avocado toast, homemade loaded avocado toast, best avocado toast recipe, ways to make avocado toast, how to make avocado toast