Guilt Free Artichoke White Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 2 T. low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons packed fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1–2 T. water
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichokes
- 3 T. grated parmesan
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil (or oil from artichokes)
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the shallot and garlic until soft and browned.
- Put the beans, yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and process until desired consistency.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Drain the artichokes and add to the food processor bowl. Pulse until desired consistency. I left them as medium-sized chunks.
- Transfer to an oven safe bowl and bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and broil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.