Open Faced Gourmet Breakfast Sandwiches with Labneh, Ramps & Asparagus
A recipe for tartines, or open faced gourmet breakfast sandwiches, topped with labneh and amazing spring produce like ramps and asparagus.
- Author: Kelly Egan
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ramps
- 3 spears purple or green asparagus
- 2 slices of crusty bread
- 4 ounces labneh
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- A few sprigs of dill, for garnish
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, for finishing
- Heat butter in a large saucepan.
- Sauté ramps on medium heat until browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Slice asparagus thinly lengthwise using a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
- Toast the bread. To make toast in the oven, turn on the broiler. Place sliced bread directly on the top rack of the oven. Broil 2 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Spread a generous layer of labneh onto toasted bread.
- Top with cooked ramps and sliced asparagus.
- Layer on hard-boiled eggs and few sprigs of dill for garnish.
- Top with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: best open faced breakfast sandwich, easy open faced gourmet breakfast sandwich, homemade open faced breakfast sandwich, best open faced gourmet breakfast sandwich