Peach Pie Recipe with All Butter Pie Crust
Nothing says summer like a fresh peach pie with all butter pie crust. This recipe is for the best pie you’ll ever eat! I dare you to have just one piece.
- Author: Kelly Egan
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
For Peach Pie Filling:
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- Egg wash (1 large egg whisked with 1 teaspoon water and a pinch of salt)
- Demerara sugar, for finishing
For All Butter Pie Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (312 grams)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 pounds (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup ice
For the peach crust filling:
- Combine peaches, sugar, flour, and spices in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Roll out one all-butter pie crust round (recipe here) and place it in your pie plate.
- Spread the coated peaches evenly in the pie plate.
- Roll out the second pie crust round and cover your pie dish. Trim the edges to approximately 1 inch and roll the dough up and crimp to seal to form the crust edge.
- Coat the pastry dough with egg wash, cut some steam vents using a knife and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425° Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, without opening the oven, reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes.
For the all butter pie crust:
- Full instructions for all butter pie crust
Pro tip: If you are looking for the easiest way to roll out a pie crust, pie board is the best $30 you will ever spend.