Homemade Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Homemade Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe are the perfect summer treat! This halfway homemade version is so easy and totally Instagrammable.
- Author: Kelly Egan - A Side of Sweet
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pint ice cream
- 2 waffles, frozen*
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- Chopped Pistachios
- Mini chocolate Chips
- Fruity Pebbles
- Chopped Nuts
- Cut each frozen waffle into four sections.
- Use a very sharp knife to carefully slice the carton of ice cream into three sections crosswise.
- With the ice cream still wrapped, place it on a waffle triangle. Gently lift off the paper.
- Press a second waffle triangle firmly down on top of the ice cream.
- Use the knife to trim off any overhanging ice cream. You can also use the flat part of the knife to press the ice cream into the shape of the waffle.
- Decorate as you wish – dip waffles in melted chocolate, drizzle them with chocolate, add sprinkles, add toppings and whatever your heart desires.
- Eat immediately or freeze for up to 24 hours in an airtight container prior to enjoying.
* I’ve found that freezing the waffles before adding ice cream makes them easier to work with and keeps the ice cream from melting too quickly. You can use store-bought or homemade waffles.
Keywords: Ice Cream, Sandwich, Dessert, Summer Recipes