Easy Winter Salad with Spinach, Delicata Squash, Feta & Pomegranate
Easy and healthy winter salad recipe with roasted delicata squash, feta, pomegranate & spinach that’s perfect for your holiday table. Vegetarian and gluten free.
- Author: Kelly Egan - A Side of Sweet
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Winter Salad Ingredients:
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds, about 1 pomegranate.
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients (makes extra):
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 grinds freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
Make the Roasted Delicata Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Halve the delicata squash lengthwise and scrape out seeds and pulp using a spoon. Slice crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Layer the sliced delicata squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, tossing halfway for even roasting.
Assemble the Winter Salad:
- Layer spinach, pomegranate seeds, feta and pepitas in a large serving bowl.
- Toss salad with honey mustard vinaigrette immediately prior to serving or serve with dressing on the side.
Make the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- Mix vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a sealable container. Shake vigorously to combine. Whisking constantly, stir in the olive oil in a steady stream. Use immediately or will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Keywords: Winter Salad, Salad Recipe, Healthy Salad