5 Ingredient Baked Egg Boats – Breakfast Recipe to Feed a Crowd
These baked egg boats take just a few minutes to make and have only 5 ingredients! They are a great vegetarian breakfast recipe to feed a crowd.
- Author: Kelly Egan - A Side of Sweet
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 colored pepper (I used 1/4 yellow, 1/4 red), diced
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, divided
- A loaf of French bread
- Whisk the eggs. Add the onion, colored pepper and 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Hollow out the loaf of bread. Make sure not to carve out too much to prevent leaking.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until egg is set. Slice and serve.
Tip: If you get overzealous and carve out too much of your loaf, pour the contents out into a bowl and patch the leak with a smear of cream cheese.
Keywords: baked egg boat, egg breakfast recipe, easy breakfast idea, breakfast to feed a crown