BEST Vegetarian Slowcooker Chili
Is it weird to have a crush on a bowl of chili? Seriously, this is the BEST vegetarian slow cooker chili recipe. Healthy, gluten free + optional vegan.
- Author: Kelly Egan - A Side of Sweet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, cut 1/4 inches crosswise
- 4 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of diced tomatoes
- 4–6 tablespoons chili powder, depending on your preference
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic sauté until they soften, but don’t brown, for about five minutes.
- Add the peppers and celery and sauté until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Set your slow cooker to low. Add the beans, vegetables, diced tomatoes, spices, vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Recipe will comfortably fill an 8 quart slow cooker and fill a 6 quart slow cooker almost to the top.
Keywords: vegetarian chili recipes, slow cooker vegetarian chili, homemade vegetarian chili, best slow cooker chili recipes, best vegetarian chili recipes