Is it weird to have a crush on a bowl of chili? Seriously, this is the BEST vegetarian slowcooker chili recipe. Healthy, gluten free + optional vegan.
If you follow professional sports, you know that San Francisco is in a tizzy getting ready for a really big football game right now. You know, that one that starts with Super and ends with Bowl. Things about about to get crazy as thousands of people descend on the city.
What many people don’t actually know though, is that the Super Bowl game actually isn’t in San Francisco! Can you believe it!? It’s actually about an hour south of the city. I know that there are going to be soooo many extra people in SF, but hopefully with the game in San Jose it won’t be as crazy as it could be.
Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
I want to nominate this chili to be the official gameday food for the pandemonium that’s about to descend on the Bay Area. It’s definitely weird to have a crush on a bowl of chili, but a bowl of this vegetarian slowcooker chili is truly stunning. It’s glossy, has the perfect consistency and – most importantly – tastes incredible.
Best of all? I didn’t even have to make it! Pat sautéed the veggies and put all of the ingredients in our crockpot in the morning before we left for work. We returned to a home that smelled amazing and this glorious chili. It’s the best vegetarian chili – no the best chili period – that I’ve ever had. Plus if you skip the sour cream and the cheese on top, it’s actually vegan.
It’s great by the bowl and also amazing served over chips to make some easy nachos. It’ll be perfect for the big game, whether you’re tailgating or watching from home.
Why this is the BEST Vegetarian Slowcooker Chili:
- It’s a great Super Bowl or tailgating recipe as it is made advance in a crockpot.
- It’s bursting with flavor and has the perfect amount of liquid.
- It has an easy vegan option if you omit the shredded cheese and sour cream.
- This meatless chili is packed with healthy plant protein – I promise you won’t miss the meat!
My Favorite Crockpot:
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest,Facebook, YouTube, Bloglovin‘, Snapchat (@asideofsweet), or Twitter. You can also subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts.
Follow my adventures and see more recipes on Instagram!Print
BEST Vegetarian Slowcooker Chili
Is it weird to have a crush on a bowl of chili? Seriously, this is the BEST vegetarian slow cooker chili recipe. Healthy, gluten free + optional vegan.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, cut 1/4 inches crosswise
- 4 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounces) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of diced tomatoes
- 4–6 tablespoons chili powder, depending on your preference
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic sauté until they soften, but don’t brown, for about five minutes.
- Add the peppers and celery and sauté until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Set your slow cooker to low. Add the beans, vegetables, diced tomatoes, spices, vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Recipe will comfortably fill an 8 quart slow cooker and fill a 6 quart slow cooker almost to the top.
Keywords: vegetarian chili recipes, slow cooker vegetarian chili, homemade vegetarian chili, best slow cooker chili recipes, best vegetarian chili recipes
Craving chili? Pin this recipe for later: