Spicy Potato Skins with Spicy Greek Yogurt Dip
Spicy potato skins are SO good and they’re healthier than french fries. Dip them in a spicy Greek yogurt dip for the ultimate party recipe. Naturally gluten-free.
- Author: Kelly Egan - A Side of Sweet
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
For the spicy potato skins:
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Pinch cloves
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the spicy Greek yogurt dip:
- Sea salt for finishing
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1–2 teaspoons chili paste
- Combine paprika, pepper, chile powder, oregano, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pierce unpeeled potatoes with a fork and bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping halfway.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice each potato into quarters. Use a paring knife to remove the potato flesh except for about 1/4 inch.
- Brush wedges with oil and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 min, flip and bake for another 15-20 min until golden and slightly crisp.
- Combine 1 cup Greek yogurt and chili paste to taste to make a Greek yogurt dip and serve.
Keywords: spicy potato skins, homemade potato skins, easy potato side dish