Pat and I have a blank white wall behind our dining table that I’ve been wanting to DIY for quite some time. I had the idea to fill the wall while at the same time creating a light to hang above our table. Here is what we came up with. Supplies and instructions are below, as well as links to what we used on Amazon.
You will need:
- Hook with a screw on it
- One brightly colored extension cord. We used this 25 foot cord
- 3/4″ Poultry Staples. Like these
- Lamp shade – we went to goodwill and bought a strainer for $2.00. You could also use a cheese grater, etc.
- Light bulb of your choice
- Socket Adapter
1.Screw the hook into the ceiling
2. Screw your light bulb into the socket adapter.
3. Attach your bulb to the shade of your choice. For our metal filter, this involved Pat cutting off the point of the filter and placing the bulb/socket inside.
4. Plug the socket adapter into the extension cord.
5. Drape the cord through the hook so the long part of the extension cord is closer to the wall/outlet
6. Hammer the poultry clips around the cord in the design of your choice. We sketched out a few ideas but in the end just tacked it in and eyeballed it on the way. This part is easier with two people.
7. In the end, we used the whole 25 foot length of cord for the design, which we hadn’t expected!
8. Turn the light on and enjoy your handiwork!
Need more decor inspiration to make your house feel like a home? Order custom chairs online via Carrington Court direct!