A so-easy-it’s-crazy way to schedule Instagram posts right in the Instagram app! Works for iPhone and Android. Photo tutorial included.
Confession alert – Instagram is one of my favorite hobbies. Yes, you read that correctly. I love taking photos to share, editing them and looking at my grid obsessively to make sure everything fits together just so.
It takes more time than I care to admit.
It’s also hard to make sure I post at the best times for follower engagement if I’m busy doing something else. To avoid this, I pre-schedule my Instagram photos. I like to prep all of my photos and captions ahead of time so that when I’m ready, my posts are also ready to go. That makes it easier to post at the best times, even if I am busy doing something else.
All you need to know is summed up in two words – airplane mode. This tip works for both iPhone and Android phones.
The secret to Instagram scheduling is as simple as using airplane mode! Right before posting, turn your phone to airplane mode and you’ll get an “upload failed” message when you hit the check button to post your photo. Don’t be fooled though – your photo is still there! Instagram will save your edited photo with caption and location info. Then, when you are ready to post, just hit the refresh button and your post will magically appear! That’s it! Instagram scheduling made easy. The photos should still be there even if you restart your phone or download an app update. If you logout of the app though, they will probably disappear.
Here’s a step by step tutorial with screenshots:
- Edit your photo as you normally would.
2. Type in your caption, tag people and add location information as your normally would.
3. Before you hit the checkbox to submit your post, turn your phone on airplane mode. Below is how I do this on my Android phone. Here’s a tutorial on how to do this on an iPhone.
4. Now hit the checkmark to post your photo. You will get an ‘upload failed’ error. But fear not, your photo will now show at the top of your homepage feed with both a refresh and a delete option next to it.
5. When you are ready to actually post your Instagram, just hit the ‘refresh’ button and your post will instantly load, with your edits, caption, tags and location information. That’s it!
Check out my Instagram home screen –
Can you believe how many posts I have edited and ready to go? Perfect for those days that I don’t have any new content to share!
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram (obviously!), Snapchat (@asideofsweet), Pinterest, Facebook, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).
Tell me, do you have any tips for managing Instagram?
P.S. – Love this Instagram hack? Check out this post on Choosing the Best Hashtags for Instagram: