A holiday gift guide for everyone on your list – girlfriends, boyfriends, sisters, coworkers and more. This year get them something they’ll actually love!
2017 Holiday Gift Guide
The holidays are here and I’m here to help you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Every thing I recommend has been carefully tested and is actually something we own and love! I’ve focused on items that are high quality and versatile, that won’t get tossed after the holidays are over.
Get more details after the jump!
Gift for the Girl or Girl at Heart
1. Sweaty Betty Giant Bobble Beanie – The weather outside is frightful, but I’ll brave it just for the excuse to wear this Giant Bobble Beanie from Sweaty Betty! How ridiculously cute is that faux fur pom on the top? This hat is the definition of cozy.
Gift for the Audiophile Who Doesn’t Want to Be Tied Down
2. Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17 Bluetooth Speaker – We were first introduced to Bang & Olufsen’s Beolit Portable Speaker at The Outpost this summer when it was used for an outdoor yoga class under the shade of redwood trees. You won’t believe the quality and volume of sound that comes out of a speaker the size of a lunchbox. It’s also aesthetically pleasing and has great battery life (up to 24 hours!). It’s perfect for someone who is always on the go who still appreciates great design and beautiful audio.
Gift for the Friend Who Needs a Chill Pill
3. Smith Optics Lowdown Focus Glasses – Can sunglasses help you feel more zen? Smith Optics has new technology that is doing just that! I had a chance to try their Lowdown Focus Glasses at The Outpost. The sunglasses use electric censors combined with an app to monitor focus and improve your ability to cope with stress. It sounds like voodoo but it actually works! After just a few minutes, you get a map of your session with immediate feedback.
In addition to the newest in mindfulness technology, the Lowdown glasses are also great sunglasses for everyday use. Typically sport sunglasses look terrible on my because I have a small face. Pat and I both have a pair and they somehow manage to look great on both of us! Despite all the technology that’s packed inside, they are still super lightweight. I also love the ChromaPop finish on the lenses – it makes everything look like your own personal Instagram filter.
Gift for the Woman Who Deserves a Break
4. Numi Flowering Tea Set – Numi takes tea drinking to an art form with their Flowering Tea Set. Their organic teas are hand sewn around flowers to for an experience that will delight all the senses. It’s the perfect gift for that lady in your life who is juggling a million things – like your mom! The kit includes a small teapot and a mahogany chest.
Gift For Your Korean Beauty-Obsessed Best Friend
5. Too Cool For School Eggssential Skin Care Set – Too Cool For School products are so fun and each one is egg themed – an egg creme face mask, an egg mousse soap and egg mellow face lotion. The packaging is super cute but it’s not all appearances – they actually work!
Gift For the Foodie with a Soft Spot for Art
6. Marcella Kriebel Illustrated Feast Watercolor Prints – Washington DC – based artist Marcella Kriebel has created a line of illustrated watercolor prints featuring my favorite subject – food! You’ll find everything from donuts to veggies in the line. There’s one (or several!) that are sure to please any foodie in your life.
Gift for Anyone and Everyone – Because Who Doesn’t Like Chocolate!?
7. Tcho Polar Bear Chocolate Collection – Some of my favorite chocolate in the world is made just across the bridge in Berkeley, California. Tcho’s Polar Bear Chocolate Collection is perfect for the holidays, but you really can’t go wrong with any of their bars. They make the perfect stocking stuffer or White Elephant Gift.
Gift for the Man Who Needs a Morning Routine Upgrade
8. Brother’s Artisan Oil Waxed Canvas Dopp Kit and Multipurpose Cleansing Wash – Even if they won’t admit it, men also need high quality products to care for their hair and skin. I treated the handsome bearded man in my life to Brother’s Artisan Oil products for Christmas and I’m already finding myself using it too. Their small batch products are free of all the bad stuff like parabens and petrolatum. Instead they focus on natural ingredients and gentle cleansers. I also love the fun wood glue-eque packaging.
Gift For the Fashionista with a Heart of Gold
9. Mon Amie Watch – Every single Mon Amie watch is beautiful in its own right and something I’d be proud to wear on my wrist. Even better though is the feeling I get when I look down at my Education Watch and know that my purchase provided school supplies for an entire classroom. Every Mon Amie watch supports a different cause from prenatal care for pregnant women to financial literacy training. Talk about fashion for a great cause!
Gift for the Urban Cowgirl
10. Filson Women’s Scout Shirt – The Filson Scout Shirt features Filson’s signature sturdy construction but is still soft and lightweight. It is the perfect combination of fashion and function. In the last few months mine has been with me everywhere from the Mojave Dessert to downtown Minneapolis.
Gift for the Weekend Warrior
11. Mick Duffle Bag by La Portegna – This beautiful duffel isn’t your dad’s gym bag – it’s my new favorite weekender bag. Made in Spain it boasts high quality leather and lightweight but strong stonewashed canvas. It comes in four gorgeous colors but my favorite is this aqua. Find it on Waremakers and enjoy a 2-year guarantee that includes complimentary replacement of seams, rivets and zippers.
Gift for the Your Friend Who Wishes Mad Men Were Real
12. Goorin Bros. Sloan Jones Wide Brimmed Cloche – Nothing truly completes an outfit like the perfect hat. One of my favorites is the Sloan Jones Cloche from hatmakers, The Goorin Brothers. Unfortunately it’s not available on their website, only in stores. Luckily, if you call or stop in to one of their retail locations, you can still have it shipped to that special someone! Another fun option is the Sofia Fedora, which is available online.
Gift for Your One of a Kind Friend
13. Malleo Customizable Watch – Malleo watches are simple and elegant, but unique at the same time. They are the perfect gift for that girl who has everything! I also love that their bands are easily interchangeable meaning you always have a fresh look to go with your outfit. Create a custom watch and choose the watch face, case and band for a look that’s even more one-of-a-kind.
Gift for the Design Aesthete
14. Zazen Bear Ceramic Layered Tray – I absolutely love Zazen Bear’s Stackable Ceramic Trays with their gold rims and fun shapes. They are perfect for tea time or to display pretty desserts at her next dinner party. The entire Zazen Bear website is packed with great gift ideas from candles to jewelry. All of their products are designed to bring a bit of zen to your daily life.
Gift for the Girl on the Go
15. FitKicks Kruzers Foldable Sneakers – I’ve tried foldable sneakers in the past but I always hate the way the look and never end up wearing them. FitKicks Kruzers Foldable Sneakers actually look like regular shoes but still pack away small enough to fit in your purse. They are perfect for travel or to have a change for a night out with friends.