A few weeks ago I hosted a “Ladies Who Brunch”. Brunch is one of my favorite meals to cook – and eat! Because it was close to Earth Day, I decided to make little party favor/place cards inspired by this post on One Charming Party.
Repurposed Egg Carton Party Favors
You will need:Egg Carton Uncooked Eggs Egg cutter (optional), like this Potting Soil Baker’s Twine, like this Seed packet of your choice (I used zinnias) Card Stock, like this Washi Tape, like this Alphabet Stamps, like these Embossing ink pad, like this Embossing Powder, like this Heat Gun, like this
1. Crack fresh eggs to create a bowl shape. You can also use an egg slicer for this part, which I don’t have so I just carefully picked off pieces of shell until the edges were fairly even. Empty egg and rinse clean
2. Fill shells with potting soil and a few seeds
3. Cut your egg carton to make a top and bottom to hold each egg
4. Place your potted egg shell gently into the carton
5. Use baker’s twine or pretty string to secure the carton
6. Emboss the name on a piece of cardstock cut into a flag shape, using the rubber alphabet stamps, embossing powder and heat gun. Cover the opposite side of the cardstock with washi tape, fold in half and loop through the baker’s twine.