This seasonal breakfast salad doesn’t really need a detailed explanation, but I’ll give it a shot! This version is for a summer salad because I actually made this for brunch a few months ago. I just dug the photos out of a folder that had been forgotten – I’m such an archeologist! You can make it seasonal by using squash as the vegetable. Mmmm, butternut squash. I think I’ll have to make it again this weekend!
Seasonal Breakfast Salad
Inspired by The Healthy Everythingtarian (Who is also from Madison!)
Greens of your choice (I used arugula)
Vegetables of your choice (I used summer squash and zucchini)
Fresh herbs (I used basil)
Feta cheese (I forgot this part)
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds
2. Add the veggies and cherry tomatoes and sauté until tender and the tomato skins start to wrinkle and char
3. Add the spinach and herbs and cook until wilted
4. Crack two eggs per salad over the greens and cook until the whites are set
4. Serve on all of the above on a bed of arugula, with crusty bread on the side for dipping in the yolk. Don’t forget to sprinkle with feta! 🙂
I was in Hawaii all weekend for a conference. What better way to celebrate being done with my licensing exam than to spend a few days on the beach!? I was only there for two days and it was almost 24 hours of flying on either side. The things I’ll do to put my toes in the sand. I took a few pictures which I’ll throw up on the blog soon!