Absolutely delicious and so easy to make, these chocolate bourbon balls are the perfect holiday or hostess gift. Depending on the topping you choose, they are also naturally gluten free.
Someone at Pat’s work made chocolate bourbon balls and he begged me for almost a week to re-create them. They are so easy to make and make a great holiday hostess gift or small thank you present. I’ve always been a bit in awe of truffles, but this version involves rolling slightly softened chocolate dough in your hands for a pretty yet professional rustic look. They are the perfect party companion for your homemade eggnog.
I’ve seen similar versions floating around the internet with things like pumpkin added, but I love the dark chocolate and boozy flavors of this recipe from White on Rice Couple. Rolled in the toppings of your choice they not only taste great but look nice as well.
Chocolate Bourbon Balls
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make, these chocolate bourbon balls are the perfect holiday or hostess gift. They are also naturally gluten free.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 c. (140g) finely ground Nilla Wafers (about 40 wafers)
- 1 c. (110g) finely chopped Pecans
- 1 c. (120g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground or freshly grated Ginger
- fresh grated Nutmeg, to taste
- 1/4 c. (22g) Cocoa Powder
- Suggested toppings: Ground Nilla wafers (not gluten free), finely chopped pecans, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, crushed candy canes
- 1/4 c. (60ml) Bourbon
- 2.5 T. (37ml) light Corn Syrup
- In a bowl, mix the Nilla wafers, pecans, confectioners’ sugar, spices, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Stir in bourbon and corn syrup.
- Form into even balls and coat in topping of choice.
- Chill for an hour. Serve chilled or at room temp.
Adapted from White on Rice Couple
Keywords: homemade chocolate bourbon balls, easy chocolate bourbon balls, chocolate bourbon balls recipe, best chocolate bourbon balls recipe, chocolate bourbon balls gift, easy homemade chocolate gifts, homemade chocolate gift ideas
Baking Tips: Grind the Nilla wafers finely in a food processor. You can also use a food processor to chop the pecans, but the consistency should be more coarse than the wafers. I used these unbleached mini baking cups to make them look nice for gifts. If you’re looking for a booze-free or kid-friendly alternative, you could try coffee in place of the bourbon.