I may be the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser‘s biggest fan. No one would ever accuse me of being a neat freak, but I’m not a slob either. I fall more in the middle and my claim is that if I wasn’t working 80 hours a week, cleanliness would be much more of a priority! I think I love Magic Erasers because they make cleaning pretty much anything easier. I’m all for anything that makes keeping our place presentable easier.
Originally, I used them for the usual things – un-scrambling egg pans, making our kitchen sink shiny, and cleaning our counters after a particularly sticky batch of pie filling. Lately though, I’ve realized that there are so many more uses for my Magic Eraser outside of the kitchen!
Here is what I use my Magic Erasers for:
1. Making my laptop look like new. Let’s face it, as a blogger, I’m constantly using my computer on the go. It definitely shows – on any given day it looks more like a dinner plate than an actual computer. I just lightly mist a magic eraser and gently buff away any marks. It’s important that your computer is completely powered down when you clean it and you use just the tiniest bit of water. It works on the cord too!
2. Making shoes white again. The Magic Eraser easily lifts dirt from even the smallest crevices, like my favorite Kate Spade + Keds collab cork sneakers that got all muddy when I did outdoor yoga in wine country.
3. Polishing silverware. One of my favorite flea market finds is mismatched vintage silverware. Sometimes I photograph it tarnished and worn-looking, but it’s nice to have the option to tidy them up and even – gasp – actually eat with them! I love that it polishes without having to use any unnatural chemicals.
4. Removing labels from Starbucks bottles. Starbucks bottles are the ultimate blogging prop. Without the branding, they look like little milk bottles and are just begging to be filled with milk and a paper straw. I have a crateful that I pull out for parties (just use a pretty piece of washi tape and write each guest’s name on it).
The labels peel off easily enough, especially if you have fingernails. The problem is there is this nasty adhesive underneath that won’t come off no matter how much you scrub. That’s where the Magic Eraser comes in handy. Same goes for those annoying stickers that come on new dishware and glassware.
5. Last but not least, making everything in my house white again. Everything from dog nose prints and dirty fingerprints on a door (case below) to coffee rings to scuff marks. All handled with a few swipes of my Magic Eraser!
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).