I’m turning 30 in a few months (!) and it seems like overnight my skin has changed. I’ve noticed sun spots, fine lines and just an overall dull appearance for my skin. Seriously, what the heck!?
If you’re like me, you’ve been hearing a ton of hype about BB and CC creams. I love the idea of a lightweight moisturizer with perfecting coverage. One of my favorite brands (and a San Francisco company!), bareMinerals, just came out with Complexion Rescue. It’s all the best features of a BB and a CC, plus a tinted moisture. Before this, I had two modes – bare-faced or fully made up. With Complexion Rescue, it’s like a barely perceptible enhancement of my skin. Almost like photoshop! I’m happy now that I can enter my 30’s with a third mode – subtle, perfecting coverage.
For my tips for (faking) perfect skin and how I do a subtle smoky eye, read on!
Oh, and as for this outfit! It’s almost like one of those “can you find them all” puzzles! I counted and I think I have seven bows on! I’m crazy about bows right now in a big way. I love this bow tie shirt for the fun and unexpected detail. You just have to make sure you style it right so you don’t get asked for a water glass refill next time you’re out for cocktails.
Tutorial for Perfect Skin (plus a subtle smoky eye)
1. Start with prepped skin – wash your skin and moisturize. To prolong your makeup, you can also use primer.
2. Using fingertips, gently buff Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue into your skin, concentrating in places where shadows occur, such as around your nose and under eyes. You can layer Complexion Rescue to get more complete coverage, depending on your needs.
3. Touch up your under eye circles next. A great tip I just learned for dark circles is to start with a peach concealer to neutralize the blue tones. I like Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey. Then finish with a concealer in your skin color. Dab a little extra concealer on your nose and in the creases around your nose.
4. For the subtle smoky eye: Use a thin brush and a dark brown eyeshadow to “line” your upper lid. I used the shade “perspective” in the bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow Pallet in Sexy Neutrals. Cover the entire lid with a medium pink taupe eyeshadow, like Bare Skin from the same pallet. Dust the entire lid and under your brow with a shimmery champagne eyeshadow, like Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Champagne.
5. Dust your entire face lightly with bareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil to set your makeup and decrease oil while giving a natural shine. Dust the apples of your cheeks with a light pink blush, like bareMinerals All-Over Face Color in Clear Radiance stopping about a finger width away from your nose.
6. Curl your eyelashes and coat lashes with your favorite black mascara. I used bareMinerals Lash Domination.
7. Finish the look with a peach lipstick, like bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick.
8. For touchups, carry bareMinerals SPF 15 Touch Up Veil in Translucent.
Outfit Deets :: Bow Tie Shirt – ASOS (similar) // Black Silk Skirt – Madewell // Grey Cardigan – J. Crew (on sale!) // Purse – Kate Spade (similar) // Shoes – Kate Spade (similar or similar) // Earrings – Kate Spade // Bow Ring – By Boe // Wood Watch – WeWood //
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life,you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, Facebook, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).
Photos by Mr. Renaissance. Thanks to Bare Minerals for providing the makeup for this look!