Oh my goodness, Pat and I just got back from an amazing weekend in Napa at the Festival del Sole. I spent last week on night shift, which means we basically go the entire week on opposite schedules. After a week of barely seeing each other, it was so nice to reconnect. The festival was lovely! We had a full day of events starting with yoga, then taste of Napa and a beautiful concert followed by more food and wine. I can’t wait to share my photos with you! Our friends Sarah and Lucas also joined us. Hooray for wine country and friends!Today’s project is a quick and easy. These painted wooden coasters will help brighten up your home and protect your tabletops! My designs for the coasters are just suggestions of course, the possibilities are limitless! I absolutely love the colors I used. I want to cover everything in our home in teal and yellow. I can just imagine Pat’s face if he walked in and I had covered everything in a fresh coat of paint!I used one of my favorite craft supplies of all time, Martha Stewart’s liquid gilding paint. I use it all the time, including on this painted wall art and our wedding vases.
- Wooden coasters
- Painter’s Tape
- Paint (I use this assortment for everything!)
- Gold Paint ( my favorite )
- Cut and place painter’s tape to block out the design of your choice –straight lines, triangles, curves, or anything your scissors can imagine.
- To make the design pictured, Use the bright colored paint first, then cover with gold paint. Let dry completely between coats.
- To finish, paint the entire coaster with a coat of sealant. Let dry completely before using.