Traditional buttermilk biscuits get a tasty and tangy upgrade with the addition of Greek yogurt! It’s a great way to add a bit of healthy protein in an unexpected way.
I think I’m one of those people who gets less done when they aren’t completely overstretched and overcommitted. This past month has been a relatively light one at work and I haven’t had a ton of side projects going on either.
Turns out, my sleep ‘sweet spot’ without setting an alarm is nine hours. Who has time to sleep nine hours? Turns out I do. Guess what’s not getting done when I sleep for nine hours? Cooking, cleaning, exercising, taking photographs, and writing blog posts.
Luckily (not so luckily?) that’s all about the change. I’m back to working almost 80 hours a week in the pediatric ICU starting today! That means less sleep, but hopefully more exercising, cleaning and blogging, right? Right.
These biscuits are great for a busy schedule. They are easy to make and you can make them a day ahead, which I love. Instead of oil or butter, they get most of their moisture from healthy Greek yogurt. The drizzle of honey butter to finish is the perfect touch. I absolutely adore them and have been making them on repeat. Pro tip: These also make amazing biscuits for breakfast sandwiches. Ah-mazing. You’re welcome.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).
Greek Yogurt Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Yield: 12
- Category: Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and the buttermilk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the buttermilk mixture in. Mix with a fork or a wooden spoon until shaggy but completed moistened.
- Scoop dough out into 12 equal balls. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in four rows of three so they are barely touching.
- Mix the butter and honey together and brush half of the mixture over the rolls.
- Bake 400 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Before serving, brush the rolls with the remaining honey butter.
- To Make Ahead (up to a day in advance): Make rolls up to the step of placing them on the baking sheet. Instead of brushing them with butter, cover them with plastic wrap. To bake, remove plastic wrap, brush with half of the melted honey butter and bake as directed.