Basically the best breakfast recipe ever – breakfast tacos with bacon, eggs and cheese, and a PANCAKE taco shell! Easy to follow recipe and video.
My newest breakfast obsession is these breakfast tacos that are made with all of my favorite breakfast foods – bacon, eggs, cheese, and more cheese! The thing that really sets them apart though is they have a pancake taco shell instead of a regular shell! Genius right?
Click through for the recipe and check out the accompanying video on my YouTube channel!
This recipe makes a great group brunch recipe as it’s almost as fun to make as it is to eat! I also love that the bacon is made in the oven and not in a pan as it guarantees perfectly flat slices every time. I recently switched to doing this for most of my bacon recipes and I’m loving the results.
If you’ve never heard of cojita cheese, it’s a Mexican hard cow’s milk cheese that has a strong salty flavor that makes me think of feta cheese. If you can’t find it where you live, feta is a great substitute.
Pancake Bacon Breakfast Tacos
Basically the best breakfast recipe ever – breakfast tacos with bacon, eggs and cheese and a PANCAKE taco shell! Easy to follow recipe and video.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Breakfast Tacos Ingredients
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 eggs, whisked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta or cojita cheese
- 4 scallions or chives, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Make the Pancakes:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk with a fork until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or saucepan over medium high heat.
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Place on a plate and keep in a warmed oven until ready to assemble tacos.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place the pancakes on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Top with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Place the bacon on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. Five minutes before bacon is done, put the pancakes in the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each pancake with a scoop of scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon cut in half. Garnish with feta, chives and hot sauce (optional). Serve immediately.