Hey hey! I hope you had a lovely weekend! This past week has been a whirlwind, as it was Fashion Week here in San Francisco! After several weeks of severe FOMO because of New York and London’s Fashion Weeks, it was fun to be able to attend some runway shoes and see what the designers of San Francisco have been up to.
I was blown away by the talent of all of the participating designers and I was able to meet so many wonderful people – everyone from bloggers to people who are revolutionizing the tech side of fashion. I think that aspect is one of the most unique parts of San Francisco Fashion Week, with Silicon Valley just a hop away. I can’t wait to share more photos and what I wore with you!
Speaking of tech, I’ve found that the default WordPress comments have been really buggy lately. I’ve been noticing a lot of duplicate comments, so I suspect many of you are having the same experience. I’ve switched back to Disqus for comments and I hope this improves your commenting experience! I love reading your comments and it’s a really rewarding and valuable part of blogging for me. I definitely don’t want it to take any extra energy for you! On that note, if you do have a website, please leave it when you comment! I always check out the websites of people who take the time to stop by here and leave a comment and I have found so many incredible blogs that I now faithfully follow on my blog reader.
Today’s recipe is a classic. I feel like the search for perfectly crispy breakfast potatoes is one of those kitchen quests, like the perfectly flaky pie crust and the perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookie. The secret to the crisp of the potatoes is a good shaking to break them up a little bit. I can say from experience that they work just as well as a side dish for dinner as they do for breakfast potatoes. For today, they are paired with baked eggs. I promise to share the recipe here soon!
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).Print
Perfect Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
- Yield: 3-4
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt, plus more for finishing
- Fill a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover your potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until a fork easily pierces the outside but the inside is still firm. Don’t overcook as they will become mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to your saucepan. Cover with a lid and give the pot a few vigorous shakes. The soft, loose edges that this creates is the secret to crispy potatoes!
- Add your oil to a deep roasting pan or casserole dish and heat in oven on 475F until smoking hot. Remove the pan and add your potatoes, rosemary and a sprinkle of sea salt. Turn the oven down to 425F and roast for 45-60 minutes, until very crispy and golden brown. Turn once halfway to ensure even cooking. Serve hot with extra sea salt if desired.