Pretty, pretty! These were almost too pretty to eat. Luckily, I got over that. As soon as I took the camera off the tripod these olive oil tea cakes were immediately devoured by Pat and I. Every. single. crumb. They are so easy to make, and when topped with crushed pistachios are little works of art!
In this recipe, the olive oil is the star. That being said, it’s important to choose a high quality product. I love Melina’s. Their Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from old orchards in the Kalamata region of Greece. It’s bottled in San Jose, California, which is just a hop skip and a jump away from us here in San Francisco.
This recipe is originally from Farm to Table Geek’s but I came across it on the wonderful White on Rice Couple Blog. It originally called for crème fraîche but I swapped out greek yogurt, which I had on hand. Added bonus – it’s healthier!
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life,you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, Facebook, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).Print
Pistachio Olive Oil Mini Tea Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/3 c. (66g) sugar
- 1/3 c. (73g.) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. (50g.) high quality olive oil
- 1/2 c. (125g.) plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. orange bitters
- 1 c. (120g.) roasted pistachios,
- 1 1/4 c. (150g.) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugars, salt, pepper, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla, and bitters. Add the pistachios and set aside.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Fold into the pistachio mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into pistachio mixture.
- Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tin. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350F for 18 minutes until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes clean.
Adapted from White On Rice Couple
Keywords: mini pistachio tea cake recipe, mini tea cake recipes, pistachio olive oil tea cake, easy mini tea cake recipes, homemade pistachio olive oil tea cake, homemade mini tea cake recipes