I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. It’s never been something that Pat and I have taken seriously as a couple. We’re always trying to find ways to celebrate our relationship and make each other feel special, so the idea of needing a day set aside by greeting card companies to do so feels a bit contrived.
That being said, I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to celebrate the other people in your life, like your friends! My favorite way to ring in the holiday is a dinner or happy hour with girlfriends and to give out Valentine’s cards. I’ve also been known to whip up a batch of heart sugar cookies for the occasion. I love letting the people in my life know I care about them, be it co-workers or even patients.
These chai body scrubs are the perfect little gift for Valentine’s day. They are inexpensive, easy to make and utterly charming! I love the way my skin feels after using them – so moisturized and exfoliated! You should absolutely whip up a big batch. Don’t forget to keep some for yourself! One of the most important parts of taking care of those around you is making sure you take the time to care for yourself too.
What about you, what are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? Love it or leave it?
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1 c. raw sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2-3 T. chai tea (about 6 tea bags)
- Silicone molds or mini cupcake tins
- Microwave the coconut oil for 30-45 seconds. Let cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the vanilla and honey. Then add the raw sugar (for a gentler scrub, swap in white sugar), brown sugar, and the chai tea.
- Scoop the mixture into silicone molds and let set in the freezer for at least fifteen minutes. If using a muffin tin, grease the tin first with coconut oil so the scrubs are easier to remove.
- Un-mold your scrubs when set.