Chickpea cauliflower tacos are healthy, easy to make and packed with flavor. Vegetarian, gluten free and brightly colored, they will look stunning on your dinner table.
These vegetarian chickpea cauliflower tacos are a recipe that caught my eye on Pinterest because of their gorgeous bright colors. It’s also one of those meals that became an instant go-to dinner recipe. We made twice in one week after one batch just wasn’t enough for Pat and I!
In addition to being beautiful and delicious, these tacos are also gluten free, vegetarian, and without the lime crema – vegan! With the healthy protein of the garbanzo beans and the good fat from avocados, I promise you won’t even miss the meat.
The only change we made to Three Peas and Their Pod‘s recipe was to use pickled red cabbage instead of regular. It’s so easy to pickle your own red cabbage. All you do is put the cabbage in a jar, cover it with rice vinegar and toss in some peppercorns. 24 hours later, the cabbage has turned the stunning pink color you see in these photos. And the taste! It’s definitely a step that shouldn’t be skipped.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, Facebook or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).Print
Vegetarian Chickpea Cauliflower Tacos
Chickpea cauliflower tacos are healthy, easy to make and packed with flavor. Vegetarian, gluten-free and brightly colored, they will look stunning on your dinner table.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the Tacos:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size florets
- Corn tortillas
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 large avocado, seed removed and diced
- Chopped cilantro
For the Pickled Red Cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 10 peppercorns
For the Lime Crema:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the spices, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Add the chickpeas and cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Roast at 400 F degrees for 30-35 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and chickpeas are a bit crispy.
Make the pickled red cabbage:
- Place the peppercorns in a jar and add the sliced cabbage. Fill the jar with rice vinegar, cover and refrigerate at least overnight, up to a week.
Putting the Taco Together:
- Top each tortilla with the chickpea cauliflower mixture and the pickled cabbage, sliced jalapenos, avocados, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the lime crema and serve.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Like these vegetarian cauliflower chickpea tacos? Save this recipe on Pinterest: