Real candy corn is the WORST. Upgrade with this Candy Corn Halloween Dessert Pizza made with sugar cookies! It’s the perfect Halloween party recipe.
Let’s face it. Real candy corn is the worst. Does anyone actually enjoy eating this saccharine-sweet mushy candy? Still, it’s in candy bowls everywhere now. The upside, I suppose, is that it’s basically petrified. You can put it away in your Halloween decoration box and bring it out again next year and it will taste Exactly. the. same. Heck, you could take a hiatus from Halloween for ten years and your candy corn would still be there waiting for you in mint condition.
This Halloween, enjoy your candy corn in the best way possible – in dessert pizza form made from sugar cookie dough in this fun recipe! I’ve put it all together in a fun and easy video on my YouTube channel, and it’s also below, along with my favorite ever sugar cookie recipe. This recipe will give you perfectly soft sugar cookies every day without the fuss and muss of needing to chill the dough or sift the ingredients.
Get the recipe and see the accompanying video after the jump!
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Bloglovin’, Snapchat (@asideofsweet), or Twitter. You can also subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts and random musings from me.
Candy Corn Halloween Dessert PizzaPrint
Candy Corn Halloween Dessert Pizza
Real candy corn is the WORST. Upgrade with this Candy Corn Halloween Dessert Pizza made with sugar cookies! It’s the perfect for a Halloween party recipe.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
[i]Sugar cookie dough ingredients:[/i]
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
[i]Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:[/i]
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
[i]Make the sugar cookies:[/i]
- Place butter and sugar in bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs one at a time. Continue mixing and add the salt and vanilla.
- Add the flour in one batch. Cover the bowl with a towel before you mix to prevent flour from going everywhere. Mix until just combined.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 – 3/8 inch. Transfer to pizza pan and press edges to fit. Use a fork to prick surface several times to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 16-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown and center no longer looks wet.
[i]Make the Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:[/i]
- Cream the cream cheese and butter with a stand mixer on high until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar in 2-3 additions and mix until combined and at desired thickness.
[i]Assemble the Candy Corn Pizza:[/i]
- Separate the frosting into three bowls. In one bowl, add yellow food coloring to achieve desired shade. In the second bowl, make orange color by adding a yellow food coloring plus a tiny bit of red coloring. Leave the third white.
- Spoon frosting into piping bags. Snip the tip off with a scissors. Pipe a central white circle and fill in with white frosting. Pipe a ring of orange frosting directly adjacent to the circle and another ring halfway to the edge of the cookie. Fill with more orange frosting. Pipe a yellow ring of frosting directly adjacent to the orange and another yellow ring outlining the cookie. Fill in with more yellow frosting.
- Slice and serve. To avoid mixing the colors, clean your knife frequently.
Love this fun Halloween recipe? Pin it for later: