This recipe for cranberry almond energy bites is one of my favorite running snacks. The instructions are simple – gather your ingredients, dump them in a food processor, pulse and smoosh (this is the technical term) them into balls! You can change the nuts and dried fruits based on what you have available around the house. They are packed with protein and make a great snack for a long run or as a recovery snack after your run. Speaking of running, can I just say one more time how psyched I am to be living in San Francisco! We live so close to Golden Gate Park that I’ve been running there about 5 days per week! Another nice thing about San Francisco is that I never really have to check the weather like I did in Wisconsin. Even on foggy days, it’s still perfect running weather – never too hot or too cold! No freak snowstorms or blistering heatwaves to be found here!Print
Cranberry Almond Energy Bites
- 1/2 c. peanut or other nut butter
- 1/2 c. dried fruit – I used cranberries
- 2 T. honey (use maple syrup to make it vegan)
- 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed and moistened.
- Form into 16 or so balls and refrigerate until you are ready to eat them!