Cristina Suarez Krumsick’s new cookbook, No Bake Makery, is packed full of easy recipes that don’t require an oven. No Bake Makery is full of simple recipes with ingredients that you probably already have around the house and the recipes are nearly foolproof! The book is perfect to have around when I need to whip up a dish to pass or some snacks from friends, but I don’t want to spend the day in the kitchen sculpting the perfect cake or rolling out the perfect pie crust.
I really appreciate that each recipe has a beautiful color photograph taken by her husband (aww!). It’s definitely a pet peeve of mine when a recipe doesn’t have a picture to go with it! I think that’s why I get most of my recipes from food blogs and Pinterest these days – I need the visual inspiration to kick my butt into gear!
The recipe for Best Banana Ice Cream immediately caught my eye. Banana ice cream made from blended bananas with no added cream? It seemed too good to be true! I used some extra-ripe (ie: extra sweet) bananas to make the recipe and left out the brown sugar. It was still so creamy and sweet, I’m glad that I did. This is the perfect guilt-free summer treat and something I’m going to make over and over. If you’re on a search for the perfect vegan ice cream recipe – this is it.
With such success on the first recipe, I can’t wait to try another. The fluffy cracker cookies on the cookbook cover and the healthy fruit leather (made in the microwave!) are next on my list.
- 8 large ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. firmly packed brown sugar (optional)
- Allow your frozen bananas to thaw for 5 minutes. Cut the bananas down the middle lengthwise and peel each half.
- Combine the frozen bananas, chopped walnuts, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a food processor and process until ice cream forms, 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop into mini bowls of the mini serving vessels of your choice.