Dinner is ready in 10 minutes with this easy salmon recipe with orange and fennel. Poached salmon is moist and flaky, and only one pot means easy clean up!
We enjoyed this meal for dinner last night for the third time in three weeks! It’s seriously so easy to make that it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. There’s nothing like coming home from a long day at the hospital to a gourmet salmon meal. There’s also nothing like a glass of an amazing Pinot Noir at the end of said workday.
Read on for this easy salmon recipe…
Landmark Vineyards Overlook Pinot Noir
The Landmark Vineyards Overlook Pinot Noir is a blend sourced from premium vineyards in Monterey, Santa Barbara and Sonoma counties. Landmark Vineyards meticulously sources grapes from each of their grower partners to produce this truly wonderful wine. The grapes are hand harvested at night to keep sugar levels stable and lower energy costs. It also allows for better control of the fermentation process. The result is a better wine that is also better for the environment.
This medium bodied wine has so many complex aromas to discover! It has notes of black cherry and raspberry as well as vanilla and baking spices. There are even some earthy undertones before it finishes with perfectly balanced tannins. It pairs perfectly with this salmon recipe but would also be great with an Asian stir-fry or, if you’re feeling really fancy, duck a l’orange.
If you’re looking for a luxury Chardonnay or Pinot Noir, you should definitely check out Landmark Vineyards, just north of San Francisco in the Sonoma Valley. They’ve been producing rich, balanced wines with grapes sourced from unique vineyards throughout California for over 40 years. If you’re visiting the San Francisco Bay Area, they have tasting rooms in both the Sonoma Valley and Healdsburg, California. The Sonoma Valley destination features a VIP tasting tower, tasting room, and a beautiful outdoor venue with a seated patio, scenic vineyards views. Landmark Vineyards wine is available at local grocery stores, specialty wine retailers and online at www.landmarkwine.com.
Healthy Easy Salmon Recipe
There’s nothing to this one pot with seared, then poached, salmon. The secret to making seared salmon that looks good is cooking the top of the salmon for only a minute. This keeps the top of the salmon from sticking to the pan giving a beautiful result. Then sear the underside for longer, around three minutes.
Bring orange juice and broth to a simmer and layer salmon fillets and oranges over sliced fennel. In just fifteen minutes, dinner is served!
The Easiest Holiday Dinner Ever?!
The thing about this salmon recipe is that as great as it is when you’re short on time, it also makes an amazing holiday meal. When you serve this tender and flaky salmon, no one will know if came together in just minutes. You can serve it with a few sprigs of rosemary to make it even more festive. The Landmark Vineyards Overlook Pinot Noir is so versatile it will also shine for those special occasions.
Give Fennel a Chance
Are you skeptical about cooking with fennel? Give this fall and winter vegetable a chance! The anise flavor mellows and sweetens with cooking, especially in orange juice. It’s packed with fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C and vitamin B-6, meaning it’s basically a superfood. We add it to everything from salad to stir-fry all winter long.
Why this Salmon Recipe is the Best
- What more could you want than dinner that’s ready in 15 minutes!?
- It’s just as great for a fancy holiday meal as it is for an easy weeknight dinner.
- Poached salmon is moist, flaky and tender.
- One-pot recipe means minimal cleanup.
- Fennel is the unsung hero of winter vegetables.
- It pairs perfectly with a glass of Landmark Vineyards Overlook Pinot Noir.
Easy Salmon Recipe with Orange & Fennel – Dinner in 15 Minutes
Dinner is ready in 10 minutes with this easy salmon recipe with orange and fennel. Poached salmon is moist and flaky and only one pot means easy clean up.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered and sliced (optional)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Rice, sliced lemon and chopped parsley, for serving
- Season both sides of the salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or skillet on medium-high heat.
- Sauté salmon for one minute on top side, flip and sauté on bottom side for three minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Drain off excess oil from sauté pan. Sauté the garlic over medium heat. Add the orange juice, broth and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Layer fennel in the pan and top with salmon fillets, sliced oranges and rosemary. Poach for five minutes until salmon is cooked throughout.
- Serve with rice, sliced lemon and chopped parsley.
Keywords: Salmon, Easy Dinner Recipe, Orange Salmon, One Pot Dinner
Thank you so much to Landmark Vineyards for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that help me bring you beautiful content!
Looking for an easy weeknight meal? Pin this one pot salmon recipe for later!