This lightened up potato salad is honestly the BEST you’ll ever eat and so easy to make! The addition of golden beets is delicious and healthy. Perfect for a picnic or a potluck. Plus, info on a fun San Francisco event.
Fact: I hated potato salad growing up. I wanted nothing to do with the heavy, creamy, chilled version that is standard at every potluck and deli counter in the Midwest. And that weird bright yellow color. Yuck. It just seemed so unnatural.
The great thing about this potato salad recipe is that’s fairly light compared to your traditional potato salad recipes. There’s no mayonnaise or heavy fats. The addition of golden beets practically makes it guilt free! The addition of multicolored potatoes also makes it colorful and delicious. Plus, it’s great served either warm or cold.
The only thing you have to do is add a little bit of a creamy vinaigrette dressing. You can make your own or use your favorite store bought dressing. I used White Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette from Marie’s. In addition to the shallot, you’ll find a bit of Dijon mustard and white wine. So classy.
The White Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette one of Marie’s new flavors. It’s so fresh and summery and it seriously tastes great on everything from salads to roasted veggies. I even tossed it with some pasta to make a fun primavera. It’s made with real, high quality ingredients and is available in most major grocery stores.
If you’re in San Francisco, you can try it for yourself! The Marie’s Dress to Impress Truck will be rolling into San Francisco this coming Thursday, August 4th. They will be at the San Francisco Ferry Building from 11:30am to 2pm and they’ll be serving my potato salad recipe! How cool is that!? I’ll be there hanging out and stuffing my face with potato salad. I hope you’ll come say hi!
Thanks for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Bloglovin’, Snapchat (@asideofsweet), or Twitter. You can also subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts and random musings from me.
Lightened Up Potato Salad with Golden Beets RecipePrint
Creamy Vinaigrette Potato Salad with Golden Beets
This lightened up potato salad is honestly the BEST you’ll ever eat and so easy to make! The addition of golden beets is delicious and healthy. Perfect for a picnic or a potluck.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 48 ounces mini multicolored potatoes
- 2 large golden beets
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¾ cup creamy vinaigrette dressing like Marie’s White Balsamic Shallot Dressing
- Salt to taste
- 1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the unpeeled beets until fork tender, about 40 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to touch, peel and chop them.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring another large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the mini potatoes until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to touch, halve or quarter them.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix the chopped beets, quartered potatoes, and herbs. Stir in creamy vinaigrette dressing until everything is evenly coated. Salt to taste. Serve warm or chilled.
This post is sponsored by Marie’s dressings. Thank YOU for supporting the sponsors that keep me sweet!
Craving Potato Salad? Pin this recipe for later: