Are you getting sick of my travel photos year? Then I have a special treat for you – a recipe post! Now that all of your Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, I hope you are ready for a new twist on pumpkin pie. I want to share with you a pumpkin pie granola recipe that was featured as a guest blog post on one of my favorite blogs, Click Clack Clunk.
Now that I’m finishing my last year of medical school and going through the residency application process, I had to gather letters of recommendation from the doctors I have work with. To say thank you to them for taking time out of their busy days, I whipped up this batch of delicious pumpkin pie granola. It is easy and healthy and as a bonus, it is also gluten-free (as long as you use gluten-free oats).
I would also like to share with you the label I made for the treat bags I gave the granola out in.
Just print them out on full sheet label paper (I got mine for $.25/sheet at Kinkos) and cut them out. Tie on a little ribbon and you have an easy gift! Click here to download the labels!
Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 3/4 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. dried cranberries or other dried fruit of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans and shredded coconut.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Add dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: pumpkin pie granola recipe, fall granola recipe, homemade pumpkin pie granola, homemade fall granola, easy pumpkin pie granola recipe, easy fall granola recipe, best pumpkin pie granola, best fall granola recipes
how long does it stay fresh?