Ok, ok, so techically this isn’t ratatouille. But if ratatouille and vegetable chili had a love child, this would be it. I love ratatouille, but it doesn’t have the protein I need to support my active lifestyle. This is the perfect recipe for a hot summer day when you don’t want to be anywhere near a stove or oven (which has been pretty often in Wisconsin the last few weeks).
I come back to this recipe again and again because it makes me feel good to eat it. There’s just something about eating a stewy, veggie-packed dish that’s vegan and high in protein that makes me feel like I can accomplish anything! It’s really the perfect recipe for my busy lifestyle.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).Print
Slow Cooker Three Bean Ratatouille
- 2 summer squash, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed or 1/2c dried kidney beans, softened
- 1 can black beans, rinsed or 1/2c dried black beans, softened
- 1 can garbanzo beans, 1/2c dried garbanzo beans, softened
- Crumbled feta, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Top with feta if desired. That’s it!
Adapted from Badger Girl Learns to Cook