These Strawberry Freakshakes are fully loaded! Add toppings of your choice like donuts, sprinkles and candy to make the extreme milkshake of your dreams!
These amazing strawberry freakshakes are total shop stoppers and only take a few minutes to make. What’s more, they not only look amazing but they also taste amazing. That’s not always true with desserts that are this over the top and creative!
Read on for the extreme strawberry milkshake recipe…
The Best Classic Strawberry Milkshake
Although I do love a good showy dessert, taste always comes first. The real star is a classic strawberry milkshake recipe that you’re actually going to want to eat! It’s thick and creamy and perfectly sweet thanks to frozen strawberries and strawberry ice cream. It’s also super easy to make with only four ingredients. Don’t skimp on the most important part. Best of all, even if you’re not feeling “freaky” you can keep this recipe as your go to for a perfect strawberry milkshake every time.
These extreme milkshakes are just made for Instagram. In fact, my first freakshake encounter was at Cereal Killer Cafe in London in 2016. We actually saw so many of their freakshakes featured on Instagram we had to try them for ourselves! Although they were pretty to look at, I thought the milk base was far too sweet and they were really messy to eat. I knew I could do better!
The trick to a successful freakshake is stabilizing everything with wooden skewers so it doesn’t sink into your milkshake. That way you can stack and load things to your heart’s content without it toppling over.
Hosting a party? Think about a build-your-own Freakshake bar! Provide the milkshake base and then guests can choose from toppings to decorate their own edible work of art
If you’re looking for another fun option, try these S’mores Freakshakes:
Why these Extreme Strawberry Milkshakes are the Best:
- These milkshakes may be pretty, but they aren’t just for looks! The classic strawberry milkshake recipe is the best I’ve ever had!
- The strawberry milkshake base has only four ingredients.
- Options for toppings and variations are endless!
- Decorating your own milkshake makes a great interactive dessert option for a party.
Strawberry Freakshakes – Extreme Milkshakes Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Classic Strawberry Milkshakes Recipe
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 7 large frozen strawberries
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream (I used Tillamook)
Extreme Milkshake Toppings Ideas:
- Mini donuts*
- Red licorice
- Chocolate covered strawberries**
- Fresh strawberries
- Brownie squares
- Paper Straws
Make White Chocolate Rim
- Melt candy melts in microwave according to package direction.
- Stir in shortening or coconut oil ~1 teaspoon at a time until it is runny enough to slowly drip off spoon.
- Transfer to a ziplock bag and snip one corner off to give a 1/4-inch opening. Pipe the white chocolate onto the milkshake glass rim in varying thickness so it runs down the glass. Add sprinkles.
- Transfer to the fridge immediately to harden, at least 10 minutes and up to 2-3 days.
Make Classic Strawberry Milkshakes
*I bought store bought mini donuts and frosted with them store-bought red frosting and added sprinkles!
**Make your own chocolate covered strawberries by melting 1 cup semisweet chocolate (like chocolate chips). Dip in strawberries and let harden in the fridge on waxed or parchment paper.
Nutrition information is for milkshake base only.
Keywords: Strawberry Milkshake, Freakshake Recipe, Extreme Milkshake Recipe