A fun dessert pizza recipe is taken to the next level thanks to a brown sugar cookie crust. It makes a fun and colorful dish to pass this summer!
Summertime is here and I’m ready to celebrate! What better way to enjoy your summer fruit than in a dessert pizza? The real star though is the dark brown sugar cookie crust.
Read on for the recipe and my favorite cocktail to drink with it!
Baking with Dark Brown Sugar
The brown sugar cookie is moist with just a little crispness to the “crust” so it will be a hit among all cookie lovers! C&H® Dark Bown Sugar is perfect for producing baked goods that are moist, more dense and chewy. Dark brown sugar also gives a deeper and richer flavor to the cookie itself. That strong flavor means it holds up equally well on its own, unfrosted. The same goes for the brown sugar fruit topping. That same richness and molasses flavor also make it great for savory recipes too, like sweet potato casserole and marinades.
C&H® Sugar is my choice when baking because of its consistent performance and high quality taste. No matter what you’re creating, they have a sugar for every occasion and baking need.
Fruit Sugar Cookie Pizza Recipe
One of the things I love about this cookie recipe is that it consists of ingredients that I always have on hand. It also takes a single bowl to make the cookie recipe. Just start with melted butter and stir in the remaining ingredients according to the recipe below.
I love a good fancy dessert, but if you’re in a pinch and need a last minute dessert recipe to take to a party, definitely pin this recipe so you can save it for later!
Once you’ve made the dough and patted it out into a cookie shape, into the oven it goes! Once cooled, it’s topped with a brown sugar fruit dip that is the perfect complement. It also uses C&H® Dark Brown Sugar to give it that rich sweet taste that everyone will love! I suggest doubling the recipe, as it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Spread the brown sugar fruit dip all over the baked cookie and top with fruit and fresh mint.
Colorful and so delicious!
Peach Smash Cocktail
I’ve paired the fruit pizza with a peach smash cocktail recipe. Peaches are my favorite stone fruit – I love how versatile they are. They are amazing in baking, frozen in my peach prosecco pops or grilled. Here I used peaches in the pizza and in the cocktail!
Smashing the fruit will release its flavor into your drink so you can enjoy summer’s sweetness in a glass. Brown sugar simple syrup adds sweetness without overpowering the peach flavor. Served over ice and topped with mint, it’s the perfect way to cool off during the heat wave we’ve been having in San Francisco or wherever you are!
Here’s the recipe to make one Peach Smash cocktail:
- 1 cup C&H® Brown Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium peach, sliced
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce seltzer water or ginger beer
- Make the brown sugar simple syrup: Combine C&H® Brown Sugar and water in a small saucepan and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool. Can be made 1-2 weeks in advance and stored in the fridge, covered.
- Add one spice, a sprig of mint and 1 ounce of brown sugar simple syrup to a cocktail shaker and muddle gently.
- Add bourbon, fill with ice and shake until chilled.
- Pour mixture into a cocktail glass filled with ice. Add seltzer water or ginger beer and garnish with mint and a peach slice.
Why this is the Best Dessert Pizza Recipe
- C&H® Dark Brown Sugar adds warmth and richness to a traditional sugar cookie recipe.
- The cookie has the perfect amount of crispness on the edges with a soft and moist center.
- The cookie can be made in advance and frosted right before serving, making it the perfect summer appetizer or dish to pass. You might even already have all of the ingredients on hand!
- The recipe is easily customizable with all your favorite summer fruits.
Let me know if you try this fruit sugar cookie pizza in the comments below!
Brown Sugar Cookie Dessert Pizza Recipe
A fun dessert pizza recipe taken to the next level thanks to a brown sugar cookie crust. It makes a fun and colorful dish to pass this summer!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Brown Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed (200 grams) C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
Brown Sugar Fruit Spread Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup packed (100 grams) C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Fruit Pizza Toppings (suggestions)
- Mandarin slices
- Fresh mint, for garnish
Make the Brown Sugar Cookie “Crust”:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a pizza plate with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter and C&H® Dark Brown Sugar until well combined, about 30 seconds. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the brown sugar mixture until just combined. Scrape bowl to ensure no dry streaks remain.
- Turn mixture out onto prepared pizza platter. Use your fingers to spread the dough out into a circle until about 1/4-inch thick. If the dough is moist, coat fingers with flour to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until edge is starting to brown, but the center is still soft. Let cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Make the Brown Sugar Fruit Spread
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the C&H® Dark Brown Sugar.
- Stir in the greek yogurt.
Assemble the Dessert Pizza:
- Spread the brown sugar fruit spread onto the cooled cookie.
- Top with fruit of your choice. Add mint for garnish. Slice and serve.
Keywords: Dessert Pizza Recipe, Cookie Pizza Recipe, Fruit Pizza, Summer Recipe, Brown Sugar Cookie
Thank you to C&H® Sugar for sponsoring this post. Thank you to you for supporting the sponsors that help me bring you beautiful content!