Crazy S’mores milkshakes with chocolate, graham cracker and toasted marshmallow. Make this recipe just in time for National S’mores Day.
Shut the front door.
I just found out that next Wednesday, August 10th is National S’mores Day. What better way to celebrate my new favorite fake holiday than with these fun S’mores milkshakes? They are an entertaining twist on the classic snack. Despite how impressive they look, they are actually super fun and easy to make. Even more fun though, will be the look on the face of whoever you serve them too!
People talk a lot about apple pie as a traditional American symbol, but I would like to argue that nothing is more American than the S’more. People have been coming together to make S’mores for over 90 years!
HERSHEY’S is combining the nostalgic experience of making S’mores with the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympic Games, as part of an official sponsorship of Team USA. With all of the mystique associated with them, I sometimes forget that US Olympic athletes are (sort of) typical teenagers and young adults. And let’s not forget their close friends and family. These people support the athletes in pursuit of their Olympic dreams.
Are you going to watch the Opening Ceremony for The Olympic Games tonight?
Thanks for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Bloglovin’, Snapchat (@asideofsweet), or Twitter. You can also subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts and random musings from me.Print
Extreme S’mores Milkshakes Recipe
Fun S’mores milkshakes with chocolate, graham cracker and toasted marshmallow. Make this recipe just in time for National S’mores Day!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 milkshakes 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
For the chocolate base:
- 7.75 ounces (5 bars) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate, divided
For the homemade whipped cream:
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the chocolate graham cracker milkshake:
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream (plus 1/2 pint for assembly)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
For assembly of the milkshake:
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 1.55 ounces (1 bar) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chocolate Syrup
- 2 large marshmallows
- Heat chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals until melted. Chill in fridge for 10-15 minutes until thick enough to spread. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread a layer of chocolate around the inside of your glass. Spread more around the rim of the glass. It should be thick, but if it starts to harden or ‘seize’ you can microwave it on 10 second intervals until it softens.
- Make the chocolate shake by blending ice cream, milk, 1/2 cup of the melted chocolate and graham crackers until smooth.
- Use leftover melted chocolate as ‘glue’ to attach pieces of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars to Microwave on 10 second intervals if the chocolate starts to seize.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of ice cream into glass. Pour in milkshake mixture.
- Pipe whipped cream on top using an open star piping tip.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Place two large marshmallows on a heat-safe surface and toast with a kitchen torch.
Keywords: extreme s'mores milkshake, s'mores milkshake recipe, best milkshake recipe, easy s'mores milkshake recipe, homemade s'mores milkshake, easy milkshake recipes, homemade milkshakes
This post is sponsored by Hershey’s. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep me sweet!
Need more S’mores Dessert Ideas? Check out this recipe for Mini S’mores No Bake Cheesecakes!