You’ll love this decadent S’mores Freakshakes recipe with a homemade milkshake and decorated with chocolate, graham cracker, and toasted marshmallow.
The perfect way to spend a hot summer day is by drinking these indulgent S’mores freakshakes! They are an entertaining twist on the classic snack. Despite how impressive they look, they are actually super fun and easy to make. Even more fun will be the look on the face of whoever you serve them too!
Read on for this over the top milkshake recipe!
What is a Freakshake?
A freakshake is the ultimate milkshake. A homemade milkshake forms the base, and then it’s decorated with everything you can think of – candy, doughnuts, cookies, waffles, sprinkles – the sky is the limit!
Who Invented the Freakshake?
The official “Freakshake” was invented in Canberra, Australia at Patissez cafe. Now people all over the world have put their take on this Instagrammable treat. It’s turned into a competition to see who can build the ultimate milkshake.
S’mores Gourmet Milkshake Recipe
People talk a lot about apple pie as a traditional American symbol, but I would like to argue that nothing is more American than s’mores. I’m putting a twist on this classic treat by turning it into a gourmet milkshake!
First, a homemade graham cracker milkshake is poured into a chocolate lined glass. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and use chocolate to “glue” mini Hershey’s bars to the rim. Top with whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs, and of course, a toasted marshmallow. It’s the ultimate milkshake!
Thanks for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, or YouTube. You can also subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts and random musings from me.Print
S’mores Freakshakes Milkshake Recipe
You’ll love these decadent S’mores Freakshakes recipe with graham cracker milkshake and decorated with chocolate, graham cracker, and toasted marshmallow.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 milkshakes 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
For the chocolate base:
- 7.75 ounces (5 bars) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate, divided
For the homemade whipped cream:
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the chocolate graham cracker milkshake:
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream (plus 1/2 pint for assembly)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
For assembly of the milkshake:
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 1.55 ounces (1 bar) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chocolate Syrup
- 2 large marshmallows
- Heat chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals until melted. Chill in fridge for 10-15 minutes until thick enough to spread. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread a layer of chocolate around the inside of your glass. Spread more around the rim of the glass. It should be thick, but if it starts to harden or ‘seize’ you can microwave it on 10 second intervals until it softens.
- Make the chocolate shake by blending ice cream, milk, 1/2 cup of the melted chocolate and graham crackers until smooth.
- Use leftover melted chocolate as ‘glue’ to attach pieces of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars to Microwave on 10 second intervals if the chocolate starts to seize.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of ice cream into glass. Pour in milkshake mixture.
- Pipe whipped cream on top using an open star piping tip.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Place two large marshmallows on a heat-safe surface and toast with a kitchen torch.
Keywords: extreme s'mores milkshake, s'mores freakshake recipe, best milkshake recipe, easy s'mores freakshake recipe, homemade s'mores milkshake, homemade milkshakes
Craving this S’mores Freakshakes recipe? Pin this recipe for later!
Need more S’mores Dessert Ideas? Check out this recipe for Mini S’mores No-Bake Cheesecakes!
If you love this S’mores Ultimate Milkshake, you’ll love this Strawberry Freakshake!