Getting Ready for Game Day
Hey! Just stopping by to share a few of my favorite healthy recipes that will be perfect for game day! Historically football tailgating or watching the Super Bowl at home has meant a ton of unhealthy treats. Bring back the balance to your game day with these healthy appetizers and snacks!
I promise just because they are healthy doesn’t mean you’ll be missing out! Not only are each of these recipes special, but they are also just as healthy as those Super Bowl classics!
My Super Bowl Recipes
1. Lightened Up Mini Twice Baked Potatoes :: these little bites of heaven don’t have any added butter or cream. Instead, they have just a dab of goat cheese and some Greek yogurt!
2. Healthy Walnut Lentil Pâté :: Adapted from the gorgeous (and ageless) Gwyneth Paltrow and GOOP, this dip is packed with protein and goes great with crackers or fresh vegetables.
3. Guilt-Free Artichoke and White Bean Dip :: Another recipe that features Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream! Enjoy your artichoke dip without any loss of taste. The added white beans make sure it’s full of healthy protein too.
4. Baked Sweet Potato Chips :: Three great options for serving your sweet potato chips – sea salt and sweet vinegar, sea salt and vinegar, or honey cinnamon. Sure to please all of your guests and their cravings!
5. Goat Cheese and Pistachio Stuffed Dates :: You can make these the night before and add the pistachios right before serving. It’s always nice to be able to save some time on the big day. Plus they are absolutely divine! These are one of my favorite appetizers.
6. Honey Sea Salt Popcorn :: Homemade popcorn is so much better than the microwave stuff! This recipe is the perfect mix of salty and sweet and much healthier than that butter smothered or caramel versions you usually serve.
7. Mediterranean Layer Dip :: This dip has all of my favorite healthy snacks in one place – hummus, cucumbers, feta, pesto, olives and sun dried tomatoes. It’s easy to make and also can be made ahead of time to save time on the big day.
8. Spicy Cream Cheese Adobo Dip :: Homemade adobo gives this healthy dip a spicy kick! It’s another great way to make sure you eat your veggies on gameday.
9. Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip :: I’ve given you a few ways to eat your veggies, now make sure you eat your fruit too. This healthy fruit dip will allow you to do just that!
10. Vegan Thumbprint Cookies :: In my original post, I called these “better than bacon cookies”. I stand by that statement! They also use almond flour instead of regular flour so they are gluten free too!
Aaand for extra credit – Millionaire Bars! You didn’t think I was going to let you out of here without a bit of indulgence did you? A Side of Sweet is all about balance. These amazing bars definitely fit the bill. They feature chocolate, caramel, shortbread and sea salt. Need I say more?
I hope you have an amazing game day! I’m not much of a football fan, but I’ll definitely be snacking on these recipes and checking out the commercials! Do you have any recipes I should check out for Superbowl Sunday?
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, Facebook, or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).