Vegetarian tortilla pinwheels are a potluck classic but this rainbow version is a total upgrade! This healthy appetizer recipe is quick and easy to make.
Tortilla pinwheels were a potluck classic growing up in the Midwest. They were a welcome presence at every party and usually had an assortment of sandwich meats and sliced cheeses in them. I could never pass them up.
Read on for the healthy rainbow tortilla pinwheels recipe…
Easy Healthy Appetizer Recipe
The rainbow version of the Midwest classic is packed with fresh veggies and has a halfway homemade approach (my favorite way to entertain!) by using the store-bought dip to help you cut down on prep time.
Even better, the veggies can be sliced the night before making things even easier. Spreading the dip and arranging the veggies takes just minutes.
This recipe is also a wrap that I can eat for lunch on the go since it’s healthy yet satisfying and doesn’t make a mess or need to be reheated.
My dip of choice for this recipe is La Terra Fina’s Sriracha Three Cheese Dip & Spread. There’s a spicy kick it gives the wraps, and the beautiful red-orange color is all natural – no added dyes or preservatives.
How to Make Healthy Rainbow Tortilla Pinwheels
Prep ingredients by slicing thinly.
Spread veggie dip over tortilla.
Arrange sliced veggies as shown.
Roll up tortilla tightly, tucking it in as you go.
Slice tortilla crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Why These Rainbow Pinwheels are the Best:
- You can prep the ingredients the night before your party and put them together in just a couple of minutes!
- Rainbow colored foods are better than all other foods. It’s science.
- Vegetables never tasted – or looked – better!
- Using store-bought La Terra Fina dip makes it even easier.
- They also make a great easy lunch unsliced as a wrap.
Follow my adventures and see more recipes on Instagram!Print
Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels Healthy Appetizer Recipe
Tortilla pinwheels are a potluck classic but this rainbow version is a total upgrade! This easy healthy appetizer recipe is quick and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 36 pinwheels 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 12-inch spinach tortilla wraps
- 10-ounce container of La Terra Fina Sriracha Three Cheese Dip & Spread
- 1 red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Divide the dip evenly into three parts and spread a thin layer on one side of each tortilla.
- Arrange the prepared veggies in rows on the tortilla (see picture).
- Starting at one side, roll the tortilla up over the veggies, pressing it together tightly.
- Slice the tortilla into 1-inch slices crosswise.
Keywords: Rainbow Food, Pinwheels, Appetizer Recipe, Easy Recipe
Looking for another healthy appetizer recipe? You will love this Mediterranean Layer Dip!
Need an easy and healthy appetizer that looks great? Pin this recipe for later!