This spicy goat cheese and sweet potato egg skillet recipe is elevated by adding spicy pepperino chili-infused olive oil. A healthy and flavorful recipe!
I distinctly remember the first time I tasted real olive oil. I was in Italy in college and it was my first night, in a plaza in Milan. The complexity of the flavors and the, well goodness, of it is something I’ll never forget. I definitely have Italy flashbacks when I have good olive oil. It’s one of those ingredients that is worth spending a few extra dollars on to make sure you get the good stuff.
My current obsession is infused olive oils. Currently we are using a pepperino olive oil – infused with chili pepper, garlic & rosemary. Pat and I have been using it like crazy! I finally had a weekend off after two straight weeks in the hospital and we celebrated by having a lazy morning at home, complete with breakfast. We made this spicy goat cheese and sweet potato egg skillet and elevated it a notch with a splash of Pepperino olive oil. I’ve been using it instead of my normal olive oil whenever I get a chance. It has the perfect amount of heat without that in-your-face sensation that adding hot sauce gives.Print
Spicy Goat Cheese and Sweet Potato Egg Skillet
- 1/2 tsp Pepperino olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 sweet potato, in 1/2″ cubes
- Handful of cremini mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Cilantro to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat pepperino olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in water.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, over with lid and let cook about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook covered until sweet potatoes are almost tender.
- Make a small well in the center and crack eggs. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. Cover and cook until egg whites are set.
Adapted from Naturally Ella