Valentine’s Candy Bark with White Chocolate is equally festive and delicious. It’s easy to make and is a great Valentine’s party recipe.
I’ve had Valentine’s candy on the brain in a big way lately.
Picking out the perfect candy for this Valentine’s bark recipe, I felt like I was three years old again. Rows and rows of heart-shaped candy with more shades of pink than a crayon box. Heaven. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for my sweet tooth.
I’m always looking for ways to help us stick to our monthly budget. Thanks to Flipp, I knew in advance that Target had the best deals on Valentine’s candy. Target also had sales on our shopping staples, like milk and orange juice. You know that little, “You saved $xx today” at the end of your receipt? Ours was $11.46. Eleven dollars on food we would have purchased anyway, with zero extra effort.
Have you tried Flipp yet? It’s a shopping app that organizes store coupons and flyers, helping you to shop smarter and save money.
We use Flipp in two ways. The first is to figure out the right store for our usual errands based on what’s on sale. We also use it for meal planning inspiration. There is a Whole Foods a few blocks from us, and we saw on Flipp that avocados and bell peppers were on sale. Boom. We made guacamole and tacos yesterday that we are eating all week-long.
They’ve recently updated the Shopping List feature so now I can upload a photo of my handwritten shopping list into the app and share it with Pat so we can both update the same list. It’s so slick.
A few recipe notes – you can use white chocolate, white chocolate chips or candy melts for your bark. We ended up using Ghirardelli white chocolate melts because we found them on sale (yes, with Flipp). They worked great!
Valentine’s Candy Bark with White ChocolatePrint
Valentine’s Candy Bark with White Chocolate
Valentine’s Candy Bark with White Chocolate is equally festive and delicious. It’s so easy to make and makes a great Valentine’s party recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings, 1" square = 1 serving
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 10 ounces white chocolate or white candy melts
- 10 ounces pink candy melts or white chocolate colored with pink gel food coloring
- Valentine’s candy
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Line an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper to make a ‘sling’ that will make it easier to lift out your bark (see photo).
- Melt white chocolate or candy melts in the microwave or double boiler. If using gel food coloring to make pink white chocolate, add bit by bit until you get the desired color.
- Working quickly, spread pink chocolate into your prepared baking dish in an even layer. Saving a few tablespoons to drizzle later, spoon white chocolate on top and spread over pink layer. Use a toothpick to create a swirl pattern mixing the two layers.
- Top with Valentine’s candy and sprinkles. Drizzle with remaining white chocolate (you may need to reheat it).
- Place in fridge to let harden at least 15 minutes before serving. Use your hands or a knife to break into pieces.
Soft candies (M&Ms or softer) work best for this recipe so your guests aren’t surprised by biting into them!