Win your Big Game party with this fun Chocolate Dipped OREO Footballs recipe. They are easy to make ahead of time to cut party prep stress. This post is sponsored by Nabisco. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to bring you beautiful and delicious content!
The biggest football game of the year is just weeks away, so it’s time to start party planning! The thing I’m most looking forward to (even more than the halftime show!) is sharing these mini football treats made with OREO Cookies with our guests. I know they are going to get devoured.
Read on for the recipe and for some of my Big Game party hacks!
How to Make Chocolate Dipped OREO Footballs
You only need a few ingredients to make these chocolate dipped OREO footballs. The first step is crushing the OREO Cookies and mixing them with cream cheese. I used a food processor for this step but you can also do it by hand.
Once chilled in the freezer, shape the mixture into small footballs.
Melt the semisweet chocolate and dip your footballs into the melted chocolate. This part gets a little messy, so make sure you do it over a baking dish or on a surface that is easy to clean.
Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and let harden in the fridge.
The last step is piping lines on your little footballs using decorating icing. You can also use melted candy melts. I used a piping bag with a size 0 round tip. You can also use a resealable sandwich bag with one corner snipped off. If you are doing this only cut off the tiniest section – about 1 millimeter. Get the full detailed recipe instructions below.
Hacks for Hosting a Football Game Day Party
It can be overwhelming to plan a football watching party, but never fear! Here are a few handy tricks you can use to decrease stress and also minimize your workload on game day.
- Find a one stop shop. We use Smart & Final for a one stop shop for all our hosting needs. You can find everything from snacks to fresh produce all at a great value. Don’t forget to stock up on paper plates and napkins – they have a huge assortment of colors to choose from.
- Focus on recipes that can be made in advance. This is a tip for any hosting occasion. The less you have to do the day of your party, the better it will be for your sanity! The OREO footballs can be made a few days in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready for them. Here are a few more make ahead recipes that I love:
White Chocolate Dipped OREO Cookies
Beet Dyed Deviled Eggs
Spicy Caramel Bacon Popcorn
See more easy Big Game Recipes that will make you the MVPH (Most Valuable Party Host) on Pinterest.
- Skip the silverware. When I’m planning a party menu, I focus on appetizers that don’t need utensils. Finger foods for the win! Cutting down on plastic party supplies is also the environmentally friendly choice.
- Boost your seating. Have throw pillows and blankets handy to offer extra seating options for your guests once the game gets started.
- Stock up on Staples: It’s hard to imagine a game day party without staples like a veggie platter and RITZ Crackers. Smart & Final had a special on OREO Cookie 10-packs when I visited, which is perfect for hosting a large crowd.
- Team Spirit Themed Foods: Your guests can declare their team loyalties by choosing OREO footballs in their team’s colors. You can also choose colored candy melts for these White Chocolate Dipped OREO Cookies that represent the colors of your favorite football teams.
Game Day Spirit Cookie Footballs
Win your Big Game party with this fun Game Day Spirit Cookie Footballs recipe. Made with OREO Cookies and cream cheese dipped in chocolate, they are easy to make ahead of time to reduce party prep stress!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package (8 ounces) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 packages (4 ounces each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons EACH of different colors decorating icing
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) football shapes. Freeze 10 min.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Dip cream cheese footballs, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, turning to evenly coat all sides of each football with chocolate; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Use icings to draw laces on footballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
- Melt 1 oz. of EACH of several different colors of candy coating wafers as directed on package. Use instead of the decorating icings to pipe the laces onto the footballs.
- Substitute 1/4 cup white decorating icing for the colored icings. Use to draw the laces on the footballs.
- Add sprinkles or nonpareils in the colors of the two football teams playing in the big game.
Make it Simple: Instead of shaping the cream cheese mixture into football shapes, roll it into 48 (1-inch) balls. Decorate with sprinkles or icings as desired.
Substitutions: Substitute 1 cup peanut butter for the softened cream cheese.
Keywords: Oreo Recipes, Tailgating Recipes, Football Desserts
This post is sponsored by Nabisco. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to bring you beautiful and delicious content!
P.S. – Hosting your own football watching party? Pin these fun OREO football appetizers for later: