Happy Monday! For whatever reason, I feel absolutely refreshed by a wonderful weekend and ready to tackle the week. That doesn’t happen that often!
By February, it always seems that winter has outstayed its welcome. One of my favorite things about winter is that citrus season. Although grapefruit are on the way out, there is still time to pick up a bag to make this amazing grapefruit sorbet recipe! It is the perfect mix of tart and sweet, and is absolutely refreshing. The color is absolutely stunning too! It’s enough to make me wax poetic.
I remember reading somewhere that if you put your citrus in the microwave for a few seconds before squeezing, it makes it easier to get every last bit of juice out. Of course, I forgot to try it, but let me know if you do and have any success!
Grapefruit Sorbet Recipe
- Yield: 4-6
- 5 c. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (from about 6 large grapefruit)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- Combine grapefruit juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until sugar dissolves, around 5-6 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes, or until chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the directions – for me, this was about 25 minutes.
- After churning, pour into a container and freeze for 6-8 hours until frozen.