The ultimate summery pie is this Rhubarb Blueberry Pie recipe. You’ll also love this easy ‘fake lattice’ pie crust design that only requires a FORK!
Today’s pie recipe is a delicious twist on two of my favorite summer pies – rhubarb pie and blueberry pie. It’s so good I was literally craving it again as soon as we finished the last piece!
Read on for this amazing rhubarb blueberry pie recipe!
Rhubarb Blueberry Combo Pie Recipe
Why chose when you can have both rhubarb and blueberry pie together? I love this combination because the tartness of the rhubarb is balanced by the rich sweetness of blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this pie. No need to thaw frozen blueberries before baking! Cornstarch is my favorite pie thickener as it gives a glossy thickened pie without feeling chalky or grainy. Want more? Here’s a step-by-step video of me making the pie:
Easy Hack for a Decorated Pie Crust
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this intricate “lattice” pie crust. The only tool you need? A fork! See how in the video above!
Why You Should Make this Rhubarb Blueberry Pie
- Two classic pies come together to make something even better!
- My classic All-Butter Pie Crust is perfectly flaky
- The rhubarb blueberry pie filling is thick and glossy and perfectly sweet
- Make a fancy decorated pie crust in just a few minutes with this faux lattice crust hack!
Thanks so much for reading! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts and musings from me.Print
Perfect Rhubarb Blueberry Pie Recipe
The ultimate summer pie is this Rhubarb Blueberry Pie recipe. You’ll also love this easy ‘fake lattice’ pie crust design that only requires a FORK!
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Vegetarian
Rhubarb Blueberry Pie Filling
- 3 cups (390 grams) sliced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups (245 grams) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups (260 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 double-crust pie dough (recipe below)
For the All-Butter Crust Double-Crust Pie Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups (312 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pounds (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ice
Egg Wash for Pie Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons raw or Demerara sugar
Rhubarb Blueberry Pie Filling Recipe
- Toss the sliced rhubarb and blueberries in a large bowl. With a fork, mix in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and nutmeg.
All-Butter Pie Crust Recipe:
- Make Dough. Instructions here: https://asideofsweet.com/caramel-apple-pie-scratch-recipe/
Assemble Rhubarb Blueberry Pie with Faux Lattice Crust:
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pie dough on a floured surface. Transfer the dough to a pie dish.
- Pour rhubarb blueberry pie filling into pie dish.
- Roll out the second dough round. To make the faux lattice crust, use the back of a fork to make rows of a criss-cross pattern.
- Place the faux lattice crust over pie filling.
- Trim the edges and pinch the two layers together to seal.
- Make the egg wash by whisking the egg with a splash of water. Use a pastry brush to brush over pie.
- Sprinkle with demerara or raw sugar.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425° Fahrenheit, then reduce temperature to 350°Fahrenheit and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
Keywords: Rhubarb Pie Recipe, Rhubarb Blueberry Pie, Summer Pie Recipe, Pie Crust Decorations, Lattice Pie Crust
Craving pie? Pin this pie recipe for later:
Here are some other summer pies you might like:
Old Fashioned Blueberry Pie Recipe:
Loved this recipe so much that I made a second…and then a third pie within the same day!!!