Consider this recipe a public service announcement – get your root veggies while you still can people! It’s February folks, and before we know it, it will be asparagus season. And then berry season! Definitely, things to look forward to, but alas, butternut squash and sweet potatoes will be long gone. I recommend making this butternut squash dip while you still have the chance!
It’s the perfect appetizer and is so nice to have on hand for a healthy vegan and gluten-free snack. I’ve never mowed through fresh veggies quite like I did when I had a bowl of this handy in the fridge. You can eat it warm, just out of the oven, or chilled in the fridge which gives it more of a hummus-y vibe.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, Facebook or Twitter, or subscribe to receive a weekly email with new posts (see sidebar).Print
Healthy Butternut Squash Dip
This butternut squash dip is great as a dish to pass or just to have for a healthy snack! It’s vegan and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 1 T. lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh veggies, crackers or pita chips, for serving
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Spread butternut squash over in an even layer. Sprinkle with garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Roast for 45 minutes at 400F, tossing halfway.
- Process roasted squash, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until uniformly smooth. Adjust spices as needed.
- Spoon into serving bowl and dust with paprika. Serve with fresh vegetables and/or crackers. Tastes great warm or chilled!
Keywords: easy butternut squash dip, butternut squash dip appetizer, butternut squash dip recipe, healthy butternut squash recipe