Drop everything and make this stuffed s’mores cupcakes recipe topped with toasted marshmallow frosting. The graham cracker cupcake is stuffed with chocolate ganache making every bite a bit of heaven.
Stuffed mango cupcakes filled with mango curd and topped with mango buttercream are a fun party recipe. These trompe l’oeil desserts look like sunny side up eggs!
It’s my birthday this weekend! The big 3-1 (said no one ever). Last year, when I turned 30, I was asking all kinds of important life questions. Like, should I cut my hair? Can I still wear black leggings?
Spoiler alert, I’m wearing black leggings as I type this, so I guess that question answered itself.
This year, I’m approaching my next trip around the sun with gratitude. There have been a lot of studies about the impact of gratitude on health, and unequivocally they tell us it’s important. People with a gratitude practice are happier and healthier. Every morning and several times a day I take a few seconds to pause and think about what I have to be grateful for…. Read More »
Today’s post features a roundup of my favorite cupcake recipes. There’s an autumn cupcake, a s’mores cupcake & my favorite – lemon curd stuffed cupcakes!
Happy Friday! I’m lucky enough to have a few friends who work at Williams-Sonoma, which was started in San Francisco. When they told me that the founder is turning 100 today, I was shocked! Chuck Williams is a living legend. I’ve never had the chance to meet him myself, but apparently he’s full of energy and still goes to work frequently at the Williams-Sonoma headquarters. He has a ton of stories about the last century of his life and most of the time puts the employees who are 1/4 of his age to shame with his joie de vivre.
Chuck is responsible for many of the kitchen innovations that we now consider mainstream. He is responsible for popularizing everything from Le Creuset to Kitchenaid Mixers to copper cookware! I can’t live without my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and my Kitchenaid Mixer. Copper cookware is definitely a #lifegoal.
So, in honor of this living legend, I’ve put together a few of my favorite cupcake recipes I’ve shared over the years. Happy Birthday Chuck!
1. Lemon Curd Stuffed Cupcakes: Light and moist vanilla cupcakes topped with a light and tart fluffy lemon buttercream frosting. The perfect thing to stuff with silky lemon curd!
2. Autumn Delight Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting: If you’ve never had a sweet potato cupcake before, you need to make these! They are perfect for fall and prove that sweet potato truly is the new pumpkin.
3. Colorful Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes: These are one of the most fun cupcake recipes I’ve ever made. From the outside they look like an innocent vanilla cupcake. Once you take a bite though, there’s a colorful surprise inside! The secret? Cake pops!
4. Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramelized White Chocolate & Dulce De Leche: You haven’t really experienced white chocolate until you caramelize it and turn it into buttercream! Drizzled with homemade dulce de leche it’s absolute perfection!
5. S’mores Cupcakes Stuffed with Chocolate Ganache: These cupcakes are so good I served them at our wedding! The graham cracker cupcakes are delicious and the creamy ganache that you get with every bite is dreamy.
6. Banana Cupcakes with Bourbon Ganache & Bourbon Buttercream: These cupcakes are basically banana bread turned into a cupcake. Topped with a boozy bourbon buttercream and some more bourbon in the ganache they are a decadent treat!
7. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes: The best way to find the best chocolate cupcake recipe? Have a group of 50 food bloggers test multiple batches until one comes out on top! That’s just what happened for these. They are just incredible.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
Hooray! We’re continuing the confetti party awesomeness today. I’m sharing my third post from this fabulous colorful party that you first saw in this post. I’m just so excited about all of the recipes and DIYs that came together to make the spread that I just can’t wait to share them with you.
In the words of Julia Child, ‘A party without cake is just a meeting.” I couldn’t agree more, and I wanted the cupcakes for this party to be super fun.
I’ve had a lot of fun making stuffed cupcakes in the past. This time, I wanted to have a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting with a fun colorful center that is revealed with your first bite…. Read More »
A recipe for perfect vanilla cupcakes stuffed with lemon curd and topped with lemon buttercream. Your new favorite dessert and heaven in every bite!
This recipe features the lightest and most perfect vanilla cupcake recipe I’ve ever tasted. Seriously. They are the starting point for almost every cupcake I make! The best part? They are SO easy. No ‘room temperature eggs’ or fancy ingredients.
The vanilla cupcake serves as the perfect vessel for the silky lemon curd filling and light and slightly tart lemon buttercream frosting. The combination of the three components is absolute perfection.
Read on for the recipe for lemon cupcakes with lemon curd filling!