Drop everything and make this stuffed s’mores cupcakes recipe topped with toasted marshmallow frosting. The graham cracker cupcake is stuffed with chocolate ganache making every bite a bit of heaven.
Crazy S’mores milkshakes with chocolate, graham cracker and toasted marshmallow. Make this recipe just in time for National S’mores Day.
Shut the front door.
I just found out that next Wednesday, August 10th is National S’mores Day. What better way to celebrate my new favorite fake holiday than with these fun S’mores milkshakes? They are an entertaining twist on the classic snack. Despite how impressive they look, they are actually super fun and easy to make. Even more fun though, will be the look on the face of whoever you serve them too!
… Read More »
Today’s post features a roundup of my favorite cupcake recipes. There’s an autumn cupcake, a s’mores cupcake & my favorite – lemon curd stuffed cupcakes!
Happy Friday! I’m lucky enough to have a few friends who work at Williams-Sonoma, which was started in San Francisco. When they told me that the founder is turning 100 today, I was shocked! Chuck Williams is a living legend. I’ve never had the chance to meet him myself, but apparently he’s full of energy and still goes to work frequently at the Williams-Sonoma headquarters. He has a ton of stories about the last century of his life and most of the time puts the employees who are 1/4 of his age to shame with his joie de vivre.
Chuck is responsible for many of the kitchen innovations that we now consider mainstream. He is responsible for popularizing everything from Le Creuset to Kitchenaid Mixers to copper cookware! I can’t live without my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and my Kitchenaid Mixer. Copper cookware is definitely a #lifegoal.
So, in honor of this living legend, I’ve put together a few of my favorite cupcake recipes I’ve shared over the years. Happy Birthday Chuck!
1. Lemon Curd Stuffed Cupcakes: Light and moist vanilla cupcakes topped with a light and tart fluffy lemon buttercream frosting. The perfect thing to stuff with silky lemon curd!
2. Autumn Delight Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting: If you’ve never had a sweet potato cupcake before, you need to make these! They are perfect for fall and prove that sweet potato truly is the new pumpkin.
3. Colorful Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes: These are one of the most fun cupcake recipes I’ve ever made. From the outside they look like an innocent vanilla cupcake. Once you take a bite though, there’s a colorful surprise inside! The secret? Cake pops!
4. Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramelized White Chocolate & Dulce De Leche: You haven’t really experienced white chocolate until you caramelize it and turn it into buttercream! Drizzled with homemade dulce de leche it’s absolute perfection!
5. S’mores Cupcakes Stuffed with Chocolate Ganache: These cupcakes are so good I served them at our wedding! The graham cracker cupcakes are delicious and the creamy ganache that you get with every bite is dreamy.
6. Banana Cupcakes with Bourbon Ganache & Bourbon Buttercream: These cupcakes are basically banana bread turned into a cupcake. Topped with a boozy bourbon buttercream and some more bourbon in the ganache they are a decadent treat!
7. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes: The best way to find the best chocolate cupcake recipe? Have a group of 50 food bloggers test multiple batches until one comes out on top! That’s just what happened for these. They are just incredible.
Thanks so much for reading A Side of Sweet! For more Sweet in your life, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
One year ago this week, something pretty special happened. You see, May 25th, 2013 was the day that Pat and I said “I do”.
Our wedding day was magical. It was everything I could have hoped for in a wedding and more. It was the best day ever times a million. There isn’t a single thing I would go back and change. We were surrounded by our closest friends and family and everything was completely homemade – from the archway we got married under to the desserts. Literally everything but dinner was done by Pat and I, along with the help of our wonderful family and friends! I don’t think there was a single guest who didn’t contribute in some way, whether it be setting up the day of, cleaning up at the end of the night, or helping out with the million and a half DIY’s that I planned.
I think that like most people, marriage has been hard work for both of us. It’s not always easy to be married to a resident who works long hours at a high stress job. It’s not easy to leave friends and family behind and move across the country. Fortunately, I think the hard work has really made us appreciate the
good great. Except for the weeks that I work night shift, every morning I get to wake up next to my best friend. It’s pretty special.
If there is such a thing as the dog days of winter, this has to be it. When we lived in a place where winter existed, I remember that February was the worst. The days are still short and it seems like the cold will last forever. It’s as if Valentine’s Day was invented so we’d have an excuse to share body heat!
Even though we escaped the dog days of winter by moving to San Francisco; we moved to a place where it’s hot cocoa weather all year round. It’s cool enough here at night that one can justify wrapping up in a blanket with a steaming mug of cocoa all year long – if that is one’s thing.
Read more after the jump!